chapter 15

Mia POV

"Mia... I know that I-" "save that for later mom." I said cutting her short. All I could think right now is how am I gonna get out from here and try to save my friends. "Mia, you have to listen to m--"

"Listen to what? That you will always be by my side?! Don't you know that I nearly died back there! I was about to be killed by those monstrous thing! And where did my mom go? Nowhere near me!" I shouted at her. This was the second time I raised my voice at her. I did felt guilty but anger took over me.

I noticed that her smile dissapear immediately. She heaved a very deep sigh, as if regretting everything she did. Slowly, she walked towards me. I was suddenly taken aback when she gently caressed my right cheek.

"Mia... I've been a terrible mother and I know it but you have to know that I love you. I can't be with you forever and someday I will dissapear. That's why I gavebyou that jade necklace. It contains my life or some people say my soul. It'll protect you onlybif I'm inside of it. That's why you didn't see me very often. But if that necklace is broken,so am I. It'll mean that my life is wearing out and I need to rest. Forever." I was about to protest her doings but she hushed me.

"I know what you are thinking. I didn't do it just to see you suffer even more. I did it because it was mostly my fault that you were having this nightmarish life. I was the one who put you in that circle that night.

I'm so sorry, Mia. I was mad at Sapphire for torturing someone as good as you when you were at a young age. She hated you for being powerless, and you, being the kind innocent child, that wanted to make her proud, willing to do anything to get powers. Even though it's forbidden.

But, after a few tries of those unsuccessful attempts, you were about to give up and I just couldn't bear to see you with that sad face any longer. I thought that I have to help you. So I searched for a power that your mother wanted. Powerful, and strong but also deadly. A power that no one can match yours.

To make a long story short, you ended up having powers but without any control of it and almost made this world extinct. You regretted doing that. No, I regretted doing that to you... "She said, sniffling every now and then, trying to hide the tears of regret from falling down her cheeks.
At that moment, my heart soften. I don't know what to do. My emotions are in a mess right now. I kept silence so that she could continue.

"Mia, after you gain those powers, your mom wanted you to destroy the world. So that she can recreate it again as she like. But I took you away from her, before she could get you.
I'm so sorry, Mia. I know I don't deserve to be loved back by you but I -”

She stopped talking as she was pulled up to a very tight hug. I hugged her tightly, knowing that I have misjudge her. All this time, she did it for my safety and my... Happiness... But I took it for granted. "I'm sorry... I'm the one at fault. I'm sorry for being such a ungrateful daughter to you. I'm sorry... I -I love you too." I could feel that she was shocked but she loosen it up and stroke my hair.

"Thank you, Mia. That's all I ever wanted to hear from you. I'm so proud that my baby girl is already grown up. Just use your power for kindness and everything will be alright." As soon as she said that, she slowly let go of me.

"I love to talk to you more Mia but... "

She paused, letting me see her body that started to suddenly emitting light and started to fade slowly. Smilling warmly at me, she said, "...but my time is up. I've been using my powers too much just to see you today and to protect you all this while but I guess it didn't last long." She giggled bitterly.