chapter 18

Mia POV

"MIA!" The voice called my name and I was immediately released from Sapphire's grip. I coughed a few times as air was rushing into my lungs. The stinging in my throat cause my eyes to start become watery but mostly I was glad that I didn't knocked out again, but who saved me? As I looked up, I saw Victor, his back was in front of me and I saw his hand on fire.

"Victor?" Still holding my my throat, I tried to walk towards him. I staggered a bit but I was supported by him when he rushed to me. "You okay?" He asked me, his face full of concern. Smiling warmly at him, I nodded. "Yeah, I'm OK."

"You guys, please, do your sweet stuff later! We've got some business to do." Violet said from behind us. I saw Violet, Dylan, Alex and Lucy approached us. "You guys!" I rushed towards them and gave a quick hug to all of them.

"I'm glad you guys are OK." I said as I released myself from hugging them. "Well, we are glad that you are OK as well."

Suddenly our happy moments were interrupted by her voice.

"Mia... Why did you turn away from me? Why did you go to that side?! To the good side?! I trained you to be evil, to be the same as me. The same goes to you too Lucy! Have you forgotten that SHE killed your mother?! I raised you just so you could avenge your mother!" She has lost it. Her hair was messy, her eyes became bloody red and her fair skin suddenly began to wrinkle.

Lucy step in front of me and raised her left arm, as if to protect me.
"I know, but I have forgiven her. And I'll never forget what you did to me. Thank you." She said it with such calmness and without any hesitation.

However, her calmness only make Sapphire angrier than ever.

"NO! THIS SHOULDNT BE LIKE THIS! YOU WERE TO KILL HER, NOT SAFE HER! YOU WERE TO AVENGE YOUR MOTHER NOT FORGIVE WHAT SHE DID! YOU-YOU--"

"YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF TRASH!"

And at that moment, everything was pin drop silence. No one made any moves or dare to. I could see Lucy's body shaking. I tried to reach my hand towards her when suddenly she turn around to face me with a face I've never seen before.

Her face was emotionless and her eyes, they were as if no sign of life anymore. She gently took my hand and place something in it, while she moves her head towards my ear and started whispering.

"Good-bye Mia and thank you." I was still processing what she meant by that went she rush towards Sapphire and trapped her with her thorny vines. She took a a big and sharp looking Thorn and dug it at her shoulder where the pheonix tattoo were at. Before her blood began to trickle to her tattoo, she looks at all of us and commands,

"Don't come." Then she started to chant something but I could only hear just a few words that made me want to go and save her but I just can't. There was like an invisible wall that I can't break it.

"LUCY, NO! What are you doing?! Please NO!" I tried to break open the wall that I made but I just can't. It won't even crack. I saw Lucy and Sapphire were dragged by thousand of skinless monsters that was the same as my dream, downwards into the dark hole that was under her.

Sapphire was screaming to let her go but my eyes were at my friend. She didn't noticed it at first but when her head was the only thing that didn't get swallowed yet by those things, she noticed me watching her while banging the invisible wall. She gave me a smile, although her tears was falling down her eyes.

"LUCY!" I banged the wall harder and finally it broke. I rushed towards her, stretching out my arm just to save her, but all was too late. When I reach there, she was already been swallowed by it. By the darkness. I was too late. I sat there, where she gone, and felt like my life was over. I don't know what to feel at that moment.