Weekends!!!

It was Wednesday and my birthday was on Friday. Our family friend's son was flying in today from Texas to experience a little LA before he was going to black out. I wish that was a joke but it's totally true. He was a crazy guy. 

I got two big hotel rooms at a hotel about a block away for people to crash at after so they didn't have to drive anywhere. 

Maggie was driving up here tomorrow and staying at my place until the party so I had a lot to look forward to. I told Johnny I would pick him up from the airport so I was on my way there now. 

Todd and I half ass apologized to each other. There was still a little tension between us but I was willing to just sweep it all under the rug and be civil. He was staying with Kristen's family until the party. Probably because he knew Thursday through Saturday our place was going to be a shit show. He even locked his bedroom door. 

Perfect timing because I pulled up right as Johnny was walking out of the doors. I jumped out and hugged him. He easily picked me up off the ground and shook me back and fourth. 

"What's up, short stuff?" He put me down.

"What's up, prom king?" I teased. 

"Hey, I haven't won it yet." I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Nice whip." He said referring to my car. It really wasn't all that special. It was a Mercedes-Benz but it wasn't flashy or anything. I actually paid for it myself so I was pretty proud of that. He threw his bag in the trunk and climbed in. 

"So are you excited for this weekend?" He asked and I nodded. "You and me both." He agreed.

"Hey, I got a speech about how I'm supposed to watch you and make sure you don't do anything stupid to hurt your chances." I told him and he snorted. 

"I'm aware of it all." He told me and I put a hand up in defense. 

"I'm just saying. I want to watch you in a bowl game someday so don't fuck it up." I smiled at him. 

"Bitches love Johnny Manziel." He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"So full of yourself, Jonathan." 

"Ugh at that name." He grunted. 

I drove him to his hotel so he could check in and put his stuff away and then we were going to dinner. We went to this nice place with a big outdoor patio so we could eat outside. 

"I heard daddy took a car away from you." I snickered and he rolled his eyes annoyed. 

"Yeah. Gave me this piece of shit truck that breaks down every other day." He complained and I laughed because I couldn't picture him driving a crappy car. 

"Got a steady girlfriend?" I asked him and he snorted. I took that as his answer and just said "Of course you don't." 

"What about you?" He asked which I was somewhat expecting and still didn't really know how to answer. 

"We aren't exclusive, I guess." I answered. 

"If he told you that, I hope you know that's just an excuse for him to sleep around while still keeping you." He explained and I shot him an annoyed look. 

"I'm aware of that. He never said that. We've just never really made it official." I explained back.

"Are you sleeping around then?" I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with someone still in high school. 

"No." 

"Well if he's not either, I would say that's pretty exclusive." He reasoned. 

We finished up and I dropped him off at his hotel and told him not to get in too much trouble. I made my way back home and grabbed my laptop and a glass of wine and sat on the couch.