Double Break

The next day Maggie decided to come over so we could talk and catch up. I was entirely dreading this conversation because anything that involved Dan in college never ended well so I didn't see this as being any different. 

I texted Sonny to ask about his show this morning but I hadn't heard back from him. I tried not to think much about it because he was probably sleeping or working. Wes had texted me thanking me for the weekend since he didn't get the chance so say goodbye and I appreciated the text. 

I looked up from my laptop when my front door opened and Maggie walked in. 

"Hey, how was Miami?" She asked first thing. I closed my laptop and set it aside 

"I'm glad to be back here, I guess you could say." I replied and shrugged. "Want coffee?" I asked and got her a cup after she nodded. She sat across from me and took a sip. 

"What was so bad about it?" She questioned and I could feel myself frowning. 

"Sonny was being really distant and I just didn't really have that much fun." I tried playing it off. "He was working the whole time so it was just Mason and I the whole time. How's Dan?" I completely dived in and I could tell her demeanour changed. 

"I knew that this was entierly about that." She snorted and took another sip of coffee. 

"I don't like him. Of course that's what I want to talk about." I practically exclaimed. 

"That was college, Baylee. People change." She reason and I wasn't buying it. 

"People like him don't change." I explained and she glared at me. 

"How would you know? You haven't seen him in years." She was still glaring at me but I ignored it. 

"I don't need to see him, nor do I want to. Does he still stare at other girls while you guys are at dinner?" I asked a little too sarcastically and Maggie was pissed at this point. 

"Is this why I'm here? So you can harrass me about seeing him again?" She fired at me. 

"I'm not harassing you." I rolled my eyes and she snorted again. 

"Oh yeah, of course you aren't. Just telling me how poor my life decisions are. I'm a grown woman. I'm perfectly capable of deciding who I want to go to dinner with or not." 

"I just don't understand how you don't see how he treats you!" I shouted. 

"You haven't seen him since college!" She shouted back. "How the fuck do you know how he treats me now?!" 

"Because people like him don't change!" She grabbed her purse and stood up. 

"I don't need you belittling my life choices." She made to leave but before she did she turned around. "Maybe it's you who hasn't changed Baylee. The fucking world doesn't revolve around you." I rolled my eyes again and watched her walk out the door without a goodbye. 

I knew that was going to end badly but I guess I wasn't expecting her to walk out. I groaned and put my head down on the table. I sat like that for a while just replaying the conversation in my head before I finally decided to try and snap out of it. 

I thought about a run to clear my head and got ready for that. I only ended up running a mile but that was more than nothing. I got back to my place, showered, got dressed, and just sat around. If I didn't do something soon then I was going to go crazy. I texted Luke and asked what he was doing. He responded saying he was down at the shop all day but I could hang out there if I was really that bored. Thankfully, I was in fact really that bored. So I hopped in my car and headed my way out of town.