Chapter 38

It was result's day and two months had passed since I last wrote the letters; I still hadn't managed to deliver Zayn's letter as I never saw a valid opportunity to do so. I never received any phone call from him or any means of him trying to contact me, so I knew that his management may have been behind it. It would have been an even more feeble attempt if I had taken matters in my own hands, so I let it be.

I thought perhaps time would make us forget and we would soon go back to our 'normal' lives.

During those two months, I managed to completely forgive Monroe and we were back to being friends. Monroe had apologised so many times, that eventually my dad had accepted her apology and welcomed her back to our family. Mum was thrilled to have her gossiping partner back, and she admired Monroe for having done such a thing to protect me.

Carey and Whitney were apalled that Cher would ever come to be so horrible that, they too, completely shunned her from their lives. They followed me around, always mumbling about how indespicable it was to have a person like that around and that they always knew Monroe was a good friend to me and that they would always be there for me too. I merely smiled and nodded when needed until Monroe joined us and managed to shut them up.

As for Cher, well, my parents immidately went to the police after having heard what had happened and were as astounded as everyone else after having heard what she was capable of. I, however, dropped all charges associated with her as I knew I was a better person than her and would not actually want to ruin her life seeing as she never really came to harm me physically. The headmaster was appalled, but unfortunately was a bit late to expel her seeing as sixth form was now over. However, he insisted he would not allow her personal statement to go through and she would therefore not get into her chosen university.

Of course, I wasn't about to let everything blow over and I in fact suggested Cher to get psychiatric help, seeing as her condition was not normal. Her mind was clearly corrupted with an idea she tried hard to make herself believe and carried any means to make it happen, even if the idea wasn't right to begin with. She had been attending the mental help clinic for a month now, and I hadn't seen her since.

Monroe, read the letter the minute I had left her house after she had explained herself to me and valued my way of thinking greatly. She resulted to tell me that if she had been in my shoes, she would have probably done something rash and would have called me all names under the sun. I merely laughed because that was exactly what I expected; Monroe never thought before she spoke and if she had been in my shoes and had just seen her best friend betray her then she would have taken the first opportunity to tell me what she thought. I don't think she would have even written me a letter. But I wasn't at all bothered by that, because that's the way she reacts. I, on the other hand, always took time to think about things. I over analysed everything. Monroe was more upfront and preferred to deal with things verbally. That's why I valued her so much, because she portrayed a tougher person that I wish I could be but I knew never will.

"I reckon I definitely failed Maths," Monroe mumbled to me as we got into the great hall. She was wearing a ponytail that stretched her head back so much, her eyes looked a tad bit Chinese.

"Oh my gosh, I just went past my History teacher and he didn't even smile back at me! I bet you any amount I failed History." Carey said once she and Whitney joined us, a frown playing upon her features.

"I doubt it." I said and smiled. Carey was brilliant at History; in fact, she wanted to go on and study History at uni, so I knew she hadn't failed. All she did in her spare time was read about History.

"D'you think he's seen my results. Oh my gosh, I bet he has!"

"Carey will you shut up?" Monroe snapped. I noticed her face had a sombre expression plastered on it and her palms were sweating as she kept rubbing them against her shirt. She had spotted our form teacher with our envelopes in her hand.