Heart Made of Glass

"Heart made of glass my mind of stone."

I ran, I left the school and ran, I ran out the the woods under the rain, and sat at the big willow tree. I broke his heart, but I broke mine doing so. 

*A few hours later, back at the dorm

N: Jesus Christ Kenzie, where have you been, it's the middle of the night?

L: You had all of us worried sick.

A: Officers had searched the entire campus looking for you. 

K: Well I'm here, and I'm fine.

N: You're completely soaking wet, Jeez you're going to get sick tomorrow.

L: Johnny's been missing to.

H: No he's fine, he's at the bar down the road, he texted. 

L: What's he doing there?

H: I have no idea, but he must feel like shit, he doesn't usually drink unless it's at a party.

K: I'm tired I'm going to bed.

N: Are you going back to your room?

K: Uh yeah.

L: I'll come with you.

K: I don't need a babysitter.

L: I don't care.

*Kenzie's Room

K: This room still scares me.

L: Then why are you in here?

K: This room is where it all started. *Throws things around the room*

L: Kenzie stop!

K: Why? I'm messed up everything else, why not my own room?

L: Stop!

K: Better this than my relationship with Johnny, oh wait, I messed that up to. *throwing*

L: What happened?

K: I told him to leave me alone, I told him I never loved him, I told him everything I felt for him wasn't real.

L: Wha-

K: I know *crying* I screwed up, again. He's never going to care about me again, I messed up so bad. I connected to a part of him others never feel. I loved him. And I lost him.

L: Why would you do that? 

K: It's what Jackson wanted.

L: So you just gave that to him?

K: Gave? Do you think I wanted to break his heart, to break my own? I've never been in so much pain in my whole life, I didn't give it to him. I did it so he could live his life, so that my past mistakes wouldn't screw anything up for him. He's going to find another girl, better than me, one he loves and wouldn't hurt him the way I did. He'll own his own company, go to college, make new friends. His future doesn't involve me, and it's better that way.

L: So what? You're just going to let him make demands and you'll follow through?

K: If I have to, Lauren I don't know what he did in his past, but if it's bad enough that he doesn't get the deal with his company, or he doesn't get the scholarship, then it's bad. I refuse to be the one who ruins all of it for him.

L: All I'm hearing is Johnny, how are you feeling about all this?

K: Honestly, I'm freaked out, I want to be able to talk to him but I can't, I'm scared to go anywhere because there are pictures of my every moves, he's everywhere and yet I have no idea where he is, I just have to go along with whatever he's playing whether I like it or not. I can't sleep, I can't think straight, all I know is that someone was in my room, they know where I sleep, where I live, and if I don't do what he says, the people around me suffer.

L: I'm sorry... I'm sorry I can't help.

K: It's not your fault, let's just go to sleep, I'm going to change out of my wet clothes.

L: Well I'm staying with you, no way in hell I'm letting you sleep here alone after what happened.

Kenzie's Outfit:

*Knock Knock

K: Jeez it's two in the morning.

L: Hayden?

H: Look I don't know what happened, but all I know is that I had to pick up Johnny from that bar because they kicked him out, I had to drag him up to his room and he passed out on his bed.

L: Kenzie?

K: Get in.

H: So you're going to tell me what happened?

K: Two nights ago, someone broke into my room.

H: Are you okay?

K: Yeah I'm fine, it happened while I was out for thanksgiving break. The room was a mess, broken glass everywhere, my room was a complete mess, my laptop and lamps were thrown across the room. Then there were pictures plastered of me all over the walls, there weren't just a few, there was hundreds. He left a folder on my bed, it had hundreds of pictures of Johnny. He left a tape, on it, he said that he knew Johnny's dark secrets and he would expose them pretty much.

H: First off, I know some of the shit that happened, and if he were to expose them, it would completely wreck his life. And second, you said He.

K: What?

H: You said "he", instead of saying "That person" or "this person", which means you know who it was.

K: It's my ex boyfriend, he's holding a grudge, the whole relationship was toxic and ended on bad conditions.

H: How can I help?

L: You can't, neither of us can.

K: The conditions were that I ignore him, break it off between Johnny and I. I don't know if there's more, but I do know that I care about Johnny and as much as hurt me to hurt him, I'm doing this for him.

H: I get that all the shit from his past could wreck his life, but from what I just dragged into his room, you breaking it off, wrecked his life, don't you think he should know?

K: I don't know, I guess, but I can't be seen with him, besides, he would try and help and could end up making the situation worse. 

H: I hate this.

L: So do I.

K: I know, but you two have to promise you won't tell Johnny, and you won't try and fix this, I need to be the one to fix this. For now, we just need to let it happen until Jackson tries to contact again and let me know what's going on from here.

L: I promise, but if he makes you do something you don't want.

K: Relax Lauren, I can take care of myself, I learned from the best didn't I?

H: Yeah I promise I won't tell either, now if you'll excuse me, I'm exhausted from hauling Johnny's ass everywhere, so I'm going to bed.

L: Good night.

H: Night girls.

L: So, I guess you just wait till he gives you his next request.

K: I guess so.

To Be Continued.

Publish Date: 1/7/19

Going back to school tomorrow ;(

1172 Words