Chapter 21.

Carly's POV

I woke up the next day and opened my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw something blocking my eyes. I touched it and took it off, it's a post-it note. I turned it around and read it. "Went to rehearsal, I'll be back later today, Starry Eyes. I love you, Nikki." I smiled, I know it's kinda stupid to wanna keep this, but I'm going to. It's cute. I put it on the side table next to the bed and got up. I stretched and saw Nikki's Batman shirt from yesterday on the end of the bed, folded up. Aw, he left it for me to wear it. I smiled and grabbed the shirt and some matching lacy undergarments and some black leggings.

I walked to one of the bathrooms and shut the door. I turned the water on and stepped in after it warmed up. I quickly washed my hair and shaved all the necessary places. I washed my body and stood in the warmth for a few more minutes before getting out. I dried off quickly and then got dressed. I blow dried my hair and then brushed it out and finally, straightening it. I walked back to Nikki's room and sat down at the vanity to do my makeup. I did some light eyeshadow. A small wing for eyeliner, light blush, light bronzer, and a dusty pink lipstick. I pursued my lips a little and posed. "Yep, all done," I said to myself and put my makeup back in my makeup bag.

I wandered around the house for a while, trying to find something to do. I pouted. I'm so bored whenever I'm not with Nikki. I could feel withdrawal kicking in so, I walked back to Nikki's room and shot up quickly. This is the first time I shot myself up since I started to do smack again, Nikki always insists that he does it. I did a little more than what I'm used to and laid in bed for a little while. Enjoying the euphoric feeling washing over me. I know it's horrible to say, but I'm so glad I started doing this again. I missed this feeling a lot.

When I finally became a "normal" person again, I got up and started walking around again. I stumbled upon what looks like a recording studio and walked in. I saw a guitar sitting by the wall and picked it up. I walked over to the microphone and started strumming. I strummed for a while until I realized that I'm playing, "Home Sweet Home". I love this song. I cleared my throat. "You know I'm a dreamer, but my hearts of gold. I had to run away high, so I wouldn't come home low. Just when things when things went right, doesn't mean they're always wrong. Just take this song and you'll never feel left all alone. Take me to your heart, feel me in your bones. Just one more night, and I'm coming off this long and winding road." I paused and smiled.

"I'm on my way, I'm on my way. Home sweet home. Tonight, tonight. I'm on my way, I'm on my way. Home sweet home." I sang. "You know, that I've seen. Too many romantic dreams. Up in lights, falling off the silver screen. My hearts like an open book, for the whole world to read. Sometimes nothing keeps me together at the seams." I continued. "I'm on my way, I'm on my way. Home sweet home. Tonight, tonight. I'm on my way, just set me free. Home sweet home." I sang and swayed a little. I continued to strum on the guitar. This song always makes me tear up for some reason, it's just so beautiful.

I stepped back from the mic a little and really started to play the guitar. Letting my heart take over. "I'm on my way, I'm on my way. Home sweet home." I sang, stepping up to the mic again. "Yeah, I'm on my way. Just set me free. Home sweet home." I finished. I smiled and put the guitar down. I blinked away the tears in my eyes. Nikki is so talented. I know the boys helped him with writing but, it was mainly all Nikki. He's such a talented bass player and songwriter. It's insane what songs he creates.

"Your performance is done already?" I heard Nikki's voice. I looked over at the door and saw him standing there, leaning against the doorframe. I laughed. "It wasn't anything special," I replied. "Speak for yourself, that was amazing. Better than Vince ever sang it." He said and walked over to me. I smiled and opened my arms up. He chuckled a little and wrapped his arms around me, lifting me up and spinning me around. I giggled and he put me down. "How has my girls day been?" He asked. "It's been okay, boring since you weren't here," I said. "Aw, well I'm here now. What do you wanna do, babe?" He asked. "Wanna go swimming?" I asked. He nodded. "Yes! I haven't seen you in a bikini in so long." He said and put his hands on my hips and pulled me close to him again.

"What makes you think I'm gonna be wearing a bikini?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. "Just a lucky guess." He said. I smiled. "Well, your guess was right." I smiled. I heard the phone ringing and Nikki groaned. "Okay, before we go swimming, I gotta answer the damn phone." He grumbled. I giggled and followed him downstairs to the phone. He picked it up. "Hello?" He asked. "Uh, yeah. Carlotta's here." He said and looked over at me. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yeah, here she is." He said and handed the phone over to me. I put it up to my ear. "Hello?" I answered. "There you are! We've been calling your house and haven't been getting a response." I recognize the voice as my photographer. "Oh, sorry. I've been staying with a friend lately." I replied. "I know, Nikki." He said. I played with my lip ring. "We're calling about your modeling career, as you know your little scene with Nikki at a public park area has been headlines everywhere." He said.

I started to get worried. "Yeah..." I trailed off. "And, now with all of the stuff that's coming out about you and your past. We were going to overlook the intercourse in a public place. I'm sorry to say but, you don't have many fans anymore." He said. I dry swallowed. "What are you getting at?" I asked. "I'm sorry, Carlotta but, we're letting you go. We can't have someone with such a bad reputation in our business. It'll reflect badly on us." He said. I felt tears fill my eyes. "I'm fired?" I asked. "Well, that's the harsh way of saying it, yes. I'm sorry, you were our best model." He said, sadly. I sighed. "Yeah, I'm sorry, too." And hung up. I broke down crying and covered my face with my hands.

"Carly, what's wrong?" I heard Nikki ask. I sniffled and I felt him wrap his arms around me. I took my hands from off my face and wrapped them around Nikki and cried into his shirt. "They fired me, I'm not a model anymore." I choked out. "I loved modeling, it gave me back so much confidence and the stuff Brandi said to the media is making me look horrible!" I sobbed. "They said they would overlook the sex thing, but with all the stuff Brandi said, I'm losing supporters left and right, she took away the one thing that I thought I was good at!" I began to become hysterical.

"Shh, hey, hey, hey." I heard Nikki. I looked up at him and he gave me a sad look. "I'm so sorry, Carly. I know how much you loved modeling. This isn't the end, I know you think it is, but I promise you it's not. Who knows? You probably will model again, we have to wait till this all blows over." He said. I shook my head. "Everyone out there hates me!" I cried. Nikki leaned down and kissed my forehead, lingering there for a while. "I'm going back to bed, I hate this whole fucking day," I said, sniffing. "Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. "I just want to sleep," I said. "I'm coming with you, then." He said.

I didn't object because I really need to just be in his arms right now. We walked upstairs to his bedroom and I got in his bed and pulled the covers over me. He quickly changed into sweats and got into the bed next to me. He pulled me close to him and started to run circles on my back. "Calm down, baby girl." He said, quietly. I sniffled and nodded my head. Nikki started to hum and I immediately knew it was Starry Eyes. I shut my eyes and laid my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, it was calming me down. He's always been able to soothe me, he's talked me off the ledge so many times in my life. He's saved me more times than he'll ever know.

I started to feel myself drift to sleep. "I love you, Carly." I heard Nikki say. I smiled a little and just before sleep engulfed me, "I love you, Nikki." I murmured and then fell asleep.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🦁)