Block Party Part: 2

Short Recap:

Joseph and Jackie met while in Vegas and had a drunken night together. Little did she know, Joseph was with to a girl named, Kelsey.  Kelsey's father and Joseph's father are in the middle of a merge for their company.  Jackie's is the director of a school that helps at-risk teens to get them back on the right direction.  Well, Jackie wants to bring the community together so she made a deal with Joesph's father's company to help fund the new renovations for the school.  There was a hack in the companies system and as of now they have no suspects. Joseph and Kelsey have broken up after he found her cheating with Jackie's ex, Ryan who just happens to be a DJ.  Now, we're at the block party.

_______________________________

Jackie's POV

I was walking out of the school with a few boxes of napkins and utensils for the party when I saw the person who I thought I would never see again. He was setting up the DJ booth. What was he doing here? Did we book him? I thought we're booking a good DJ, not some wannabe! Shannon was following behind me and noticed I stop. "What's the prob-

"What the hell are you doing here!" she screamed dropping her box and marching over to him as he began to smirk.

"My Shannon long time no see, how's it been, girl?" Ryan asked smiling then turned to me. "Hey! Jackie, you looking good "You didn't answer my question, asshole. What the hell are you doing here?" Shannon said.

"Well, what does it look like? I'm the DJ." he began walking away setting up his table. I saw from the corner of my eye Joseph and Derrick walking over to us. I haven't seen Ryan in what feels like years, I've finally moved on with my life, I've been working on starting a new chapter in my life and he just shows up.

"Baby what's wrong?" Derrek asked Shannon while trying to hold her back.

"This asswipe just arrived!" Shannon said with disgust in her voice.

Joseph came over and wrapped his arm around me and whispered in my ear "Are you okay? Who is he?" I sighed and turned to him. "That's Ryan my ex, he cheated on me back when he and I use to live together. I don't know how he knew about the party, I didn't hire him. When Ms. Jenkins said she would hire a DJ I didn't think it would be him! He lives all the way in LA, how did she get a flyer about him? We're in San Diego."

"I'll see what I can do," Joseph told me as he kissed my forehead and walked off.

Joseph's POV

When Derrick and I heard yelling we knew something was wrong. All we saw was Shannon yelling at some guy who was setting up the DJ booth. Derrick came right to Shannon's side and asked what was going on. She replied by calling the guy an asswipe, which is the first time I've heard an insult like that. I walked over to Jackie because she looked really shocked and shook in up by him being here.

"Are you okay? Who is he?" I whispered. She turned to me and said, "That's Ryan my ex,  I don't know how he knew about the party, I didn't hire him. When Ms. Jenkins said she would hire a DJ I didn't think it would be him! He lives all the way in LA, how did she get a flyer about him?  We're in San Diego."

Ahh, so this was the asshole I was told about. I held on to her harder as Ryan looked on to see my hand around her. Ms.Jenkins turned around from the food table and walked over.

"Hey, you must be the DJ. I am Ms. Jenkins, welcome to our block party." She said shaking his hand "I see you have already started setting up, good. The kids should start arriving in about forty-five minutes." 

"Oh and Jackie I need your help setting up the games," she said as she pulled Jackie away. 

She gave me this look like she was screaming for help so I stepped in. "Hey, Ms. Jenkins, Shannon and Derrick love to help you with the games. I overheard hem brainstorming about games earlier." 

Ms. Jenkins smiled. "Okay you two, let's go." They gave me a look, but I just shrugged it off because Jackie needed me and I was gonna be there to help her.  Shannon and Derrick walked away and Jackie walked back into my arms. "Thank you," She whispered. 

"Well aren't you two adorable," we pulled away and it was Ryan still standing here.

"Listen up, Ryan and listen well. I don't know how you managed to get your flyer into Ms. Jenkins hands but I'm not going to hold that against her since she doesn't know who are or what you've done and I should have looked into it more. But, you're here and the kids will be here soon and I don't have time to find another DJ this last minute so I guess I am just stuck with you for the time being. I don't want you to ruin this for the kids they have been through a lot and this has been a rough year." 

"You don't have to worry about me, love." he smirked and went back to his booth.

* * * 

The kids and their families had arrived and the party was going really well.  Derrick was playing touch football with the boys, I was helping out with grilling the burger.  Shannon was handling all the games and making sure the prizes were given out and no one was cheating.  Jackie was sitting out the table in the center of it all face painting.  Ryan wasn't bothering Jackie, but I have been catching him staring at her a few times.  Everything was going well till I saw someone pull up in the parking lot. 

________________________________

I know this chapter is long over due and I apologize. I started this book during senior year and I neglected the book and the readers. I hope you can all forgive me and share.