Block Part Part 3

Jospeh POV

As I watched the DJ stare at Jackie I began to think about where I knew the guy from... He looked familiar but I could not put my finger on where I knew him from...

 As I looked up I saw car pulling in and immediately who it was. My mother, father, and Kelsey were all piled in. I didn't tell my parents I was here and I haven't spoken to Kelsey since I ended things. I forgot to tell my parents that we broke up so she must be on some bullshit right now. I begin to wave since they are my parents, but from the corner of my eye I saw Jackie waving at them and walking over.

What is going on?

Jackie POV

A really nice red Ranger Over pulled into our parking lot and I knew it had to be Mr. and Mrs. Donahue so I waved and walked to greet them. A young woman was with them, I didn't realize they had a daughter... Mr. Donahue only talked about Joesph taking over the business in meetings. 

"Hi! I am so glad you all could come see the school and the work we have been doing here." I reached to shake Mr and Mrs. Donahue's hand. Mrs. Donahue instantly pulled me in for a hug. "I know we're in California but I was born and raised in the south and we hug." It was a nice firm hug that did remind me of my mom who coincidently is also from the south. 

"Ah well thanks for inviting us. I love seeing how our investments are going. This is Kelsey, our son's girlfriend." 

Holy shit. What does he mean girlfriend? I shook her hand but she wasn't really looking at me but behind me. 

"There he is!" I turned out to find Joseph walking up to us.

"Mom, Dad what are you two doing here?" was said from behind me. I feel sick. 

"What do you mean? This has been on our calendar, I figured you must have seen since you're here" his father said. "Also is that how you greet your mother and girlfriend?" I raised you better than that Joseph" his mother scorned. Joseph looked at be right before he hugged his mother.

"About that girlfriend par-

"Don't worry Joseph I told them about our fight. I've forgiven you." She smiled and gave him a hug and kiss on the lips...

 I really don't feel well. "Hey Jackie we need your help with something" Shannon called out. I just thought her timing was impeccable. "I'm sorry I'm being called but feel free to make yourself at home. We have food on the grill, the bounce house it over there and the DJ is finishing setting up. This is a surprise party for the students for all their hard-work so they're still inside but should be coming out shortly." 

I quickly walked away and took a big breathe, "This is going to be a long day." I grabbed Shannon's arm and walked to the building of the school.

Joseph POV

Once I saw my parents talking to Jackie I knew I had to get over there fast. Jackie wouldn't even look at me and it didn't help when Kelsey kissed me. I don't know how I'm going to explain this to Jackie later but I have to. 

"I'm glad you're finally interested in the family business son" my dad said as he pat my shoulder. I walked them over to the food. I didn't notice but my mom brought my favorite potato salad she use to make when I was younger. She has been living in California for the nearly 30 years and her southern charm is all the same. She must have seen me starring, "Of course I brought my potato salad these children need some southern hospitality." 

"I'm going to give see if the DJ needs any help" Kelsey said as she walked over.

Then it hit me. That's where I know the DJ from, Kelsey was with him the other day. Holy shit.