Chapter 12

I woke up late, we didn't have court until 11, so I didn't have to go school. Thank god.

My dad walked into my room once I woke up. "Get ready. And cover that damn bruise up." He spat at me as he slammed the door.

I sighed & got up. I wore my black skirt with black flats & a black & white blouse. It almost looked like it was going to a funeral.

"Oh the irony." I said quietly.

I put make up on & put extra on over my bruise. It did look better, it wasn't a deep purple, It looked like a light green. A little part of me wished it would've stayed, so the judge & everyone else could've seen it.

"C'mon!" My dad yelled from downstairs.

I looked at myself one last time. I was disgusted. So fat. I hate myself. I wasn't the happy girl I used to be, it's depressing.

I walked slowly downstairs & saw my dad standing down there with a suit and his bitch standing beside him in a tight black dress showing off her boney body. I tried not to stare but it was hard, she was perfect, despite her hideous personality.

I followed them both out the door. They looked like they were going to a club, her dress was too short for just going to court.

I looked down at what I was wearing, I looked so fat from this angle.

I opened the car door and got in. Martha got in the front seat beside my dad & he began to drive. The closer we got to the court house the more anxious I got. I was excited to see my mother, despite of the setting. I didn't care, as long as I can at least see her for a little.

The court house wasn't far. We got there in at least 10 minutes. We parked & I got out of the car, shaking. I didn't know what was wrong with me, I guess I was just nervous. I tried to walk it off as I followed my dad inside the court house.

We got inside & I instantly searched for my mother. Where was she? Why wasn't she here? She has to be here on time! She just has to.

I kept searching & searching until I gave up.

"Where is she..." I said quietly to myself.

"Probably doesn't care enough about you to even show up." My dad said.

"Well this was a waste of time." Martha said, "Should we go?"

"I guess we have to." My dad said smirking.

"No!" I yelled, "We have to wait!"

My dad grabbed my arm & pulled me out of the court house, "She's not here. Get over it. She doesn't care about you." He said.

"I want to see her." I said.

"Fine, we'll go to her rehab center. We'll see why she didn't come." My dad said.

"I don't want to go to that nut house!" Martha yelled.

It took all my strength to not hit her. I wasn't a violent person, but I honestly didn't care anymore. I could probably kill someone & feel absolutely nothing.

We pulled into her rehab center, It was right around the corner from the court house, which still doesn't make sense on why she didn't come.

Once we parked I got out of the car & ran inside & up to the desk.

"Can I help you?" The lady asked looking confused on why I ran."

"Hi, I want to see my mom, Ms. Leeson." I said as my dad & Martha walked in.

"Oh....." The lady said.

"What? What's wrong? Where's my mom?!" I asked getting worried.

"She isn't here anymore." The lady said quietly.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at the lady then my dad, he had the same face on as I did. "What happened to her?"

"Abyss...." She began, "Your mom...... She........"

"TELL ME!" I yelled crying.

"She.... she committed suicide last night."