Chapter 17

I tried to ignore all the stares & whispers I got all day. Some people actually looked concerned, others didn't seem to care. I didn't know why they would be concerned even they didn't even know me. I wasn't their problem.

"Abyss?" I heard someone ask. I turned around to see it was Mason.

"I can't talk, the late bell is going to ring soon, I got toget to class." I said walking a little faster even though it killed my legs.

"I don't care." He said as he grabbed my arm. I wanted to scream in pain but I held it in.

I turned to him & saw the hurt in his eyes. Great, I even caused him pain & he barely even knows me. I'm so pathetic. I don't belong here, all I do is bring misery & pain.

"Abyss," He began. "A lot of people have noticed the bruises on your face lately, not to mention how much weight you have been losing. Are you eating?"

I didn't look at him. Could I lie? I lie to everyone else when they ask me the same question, but why can't I lie to him?

"No. I haven't." I said quietly.

"Why?" He asked softly scooting closer to me.

"Because. My dad doesn't let me, ok. Any other questions." I said.

"No, just where did those bruises come from?" He asked.

I felt tears already running down my face as I tried to hold them in.

He moved even closer beside me & put his arm around me as I cried.

"It's okay, abyss. I understand. Do you want to meet after school & talk about it?" He asked.

I nodded & got up as he walked me to class. Maybe someone does care, and he was right in front of me this whole time. Even though I was pushing him away.

Mason walked me to class and kissed me on the cheek. "See you at the end of the day." He said.

"You too."

I watched him disappear around the corner before I went into class. I had to make sure my eyes weren't red anymore anyway.

We had a substitute so she didn't care I was late. I guess that was luck.

Everyone starred at my bruises like always. I was sick of all this attention I was getting. No one cared about me besides Mason, & he's the only person I need. I don't need this people with these concerned looks.

They don't care, they just want to know what happened so they can spread rumors about me. Thats why I hate people.

Including myself.

I only like Mason. But I don't know how I can possibly love him, but not myself..