Birthday day

After a long 13 hour flight, I made it to Rome, Italy. I looked around the crowded airport for my granddad. I finally spotted him holding a sign that read "Beatrice". He's so extra.

That's my middle name. My grandparents called me Beatrice more often than Sa'Raeya because they swear that I should've been Italian. They came here on their honeymoon, and fell in love with Italy.

"Beatrice!" My granddad called out to me. "Hi nonno." I said giving him a bone crushing hug. "So you have been practicing your Italian." He said in a surprised voice. My smile faltered, and i began to bite my tounge. "Nope." I said meekly.

"Well its ok. You can take lessons here with Riccardo." He said turning and dragging me out of the airport. "Nooooo." I whined. I can't learn Italian. I barely know English, and that's the language i use everyday.

× × × ×

We finally made it home after a car ride full of me trying to convince my granddad to not make me learn another language. Once my granddad gets his mind set on something, there's no changing it. I was basically complaining to a brick wall.

I walked into the house, and my favorite Italian dish hit my nose. Fettuccine Alfredo. I threw my bags in the living room, and dashed to the kitchen. "Hello to you to granddaughter." My nana said.

They weren't Spanish, but my nana didn't like being called granny or grandma. Guess they sounded to old for her. "Heeey nana." I said walking past her giving her a kiss on the cheek. "How have you been honey?" I heard her, but i was more focused on the food she was putting on my plate.

Food is my bestie.

I heard her laugh a little. She knows how i get when she cooks. We'll talk about it at the table. "Beatrice. We have good news for you." My granddad said in a sing song. That was never good. "Nooo you don't." I said in the same tone.

"We're gonna throw you a party, tomorrow." That doesn't sound so bad. Just us- wait it isn't just gone be us. "And?" I said already knowing the answer. 'Please let me be wrong.' I thought to myself. "We invited the family!" My nana said cheerily like that was something to be happy about.

"What!? Why?" My dads side of the family had alot of people, which had alot of kids. Snagger toothed, sticky fingered, snotty nose kids. I heard them laughing. "Good to know you think my suffering is amusing." I said sarcastically.

"Suck it up. You should want to spend your birthday with family." My nana said. I knew better than to talk back to her. My food was gone, and i was sleepy. It was day here, but night at home. I tried to hang, but i couldn't. I walked to my room, and crashed.

× × × ×

As I was waking up I heard faint whispers. "I think she's waking up." I immediately knew it was my cousins. The party must've started. I peeked and seen Terry about to touch my face. Before i knew it i sent him flying across the room.

'Crap!' I whispered to myself as he started crying. I hopped up and ran to him. "Shhh. Shhhh. I'm sorry." He cried louder. "Here hit me back."

I extended my arm out to him, but he looked at it and cried even louder. I didn't even have siblings, yet i still had to experience this. "I'll give you a dollar if you stop crying." It went silent.

I knew that would work. All my lil cousins was some gold diggers. I walked over to my purse and pulled out a dollar.

When i gave it to him,the rest of them started crying too. "No no nooo. All yall get out." I pushed them out one by one. I decided to get dressed, and head downstairs.