Part 7

A few days later

After a failed attempt to con Jane into letting Mal see the wand, the five desperately needed to come up with a new plan.

Hadley sat in Mal and Evie's dorm helping Evie make a new dress, something the two loved doing together. Carlos was there too sitting at the foot of Mals bed with Dude, the campus mutt, somehow Ben got Carlos to like dogs. It made Hadley a little jealous. She may not have enjoyed her time in the Underworld but she did enjoy the company of her father's three headed guard dog Cerberus, who stood guard at the entrance to the Underworld. She missed him dearly.

Jay came crashing in showing off his new jersey.

He walked over to Mals bed.

" Did your plan with Jane work? Are you going over to see the wand?"

"Do you think that I would be going through every spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?" Mals voice rose as she spoke.

Jay held his hands up in defense.

"Someone's in a bad mood." Carlos said from the floor.

" My mom is counting on me! I can't let her down." Mal said flicking the back of his head.

" Look we can do this!" Jay raised his voice causing the rest to look at him. " If we stick together."

" And we won't go back, until we do" Mal stated looking around the room at the others "Cause we're rotten"

"To the core" the four finished.

" Oh yeah, I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear of course!" Evie sihde.

Just sas Mal was about to say something there was a knock on the door

"Hold that thought." Mal said rolling off her bed to answer the door.

Ben was on the other side asking how their day went.

The found out that only Ben, his parents, FG and his girlfriend where aloud upfront. Which hatched an idea in Mal's head.

"I think it's time Benny-boo got himself a new girlfriend. And i need a love spell." Mal clapped and Carlos threw her spell book at her.

Later that night the five stood in the schools kitchen preparing the love spell in the form of cookies.

"It says we still need one tear." Hadley pointed out in the recipe. She had been demoted to reader after she accidentally hard boiled two eggs in her hands.

"Well I never cry so.." Mal trialed mixing the batter.

"Then let's chop up some onions" Carlos offered from his spot on the counter.

"No. It says one tear of human sadness. And this love potion get the best reviews so we have to follow it exactly." Mal stated.

"A tear's a tear." Jay sighed exasperatedly.

" That's not true Jay they both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie piped from next to Mal.

" Listen to you!" Hadley praised.

Jay stared wide eyed before relaxing and shrugging nonchalantly.

,"Yeah I knew that."

"You did not." Carlos slapped Jay on the arm.

"Okay well someone needs to cry." Jay stated.

" someone start talking about Hook. That'll get us a tear."