Part 9

Once in Mal and Evie's dorm Hadley pushed Mal to sit on the bed while Evie got her make up bag.

Haldey rushed over to the closet and pulled out a long dress bag labeled Mal in her loopy scrawl.

"Evie and I have been working on this since we made the love spell, you know just in case." She unzipped the bag to reveal a short purple dress with jagged edge cap sleeves. The purple material swirled with darker plum designs looping all over the skirt and bodice.

"Wow. You two waste no time"

"Nope now change." Hadley demand, throwing the bag to Mal as she returned to the closet. Evie joined her as Mal changed and helped Hadley pick out accessories. They picked a black leather jacket, thin green scarf and a pair of gray combat boots.

When Mal finished changing, Evie did her make up and Hadley lightly curled the ends of her short purple hair.

"Ok easy on the blush.' Mal laughed. " Don't want to scare him away... not like that could happen." She sighed.

" Please, my mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk!" Evie laughed " always use upward strokes." She said as she dragged the brush up Mal's cheek.

She put down the brush and picked up a tube of lipstick.

"My mom was never really big on Makeup tips. And I never had a sister" Mal said as Evie applied the lipstick with her finger.

"Well now you have two of them. We're gonna need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off, my mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way, just ask Snow White." Evie stated.

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal inquerd.

"Sometimes" Evie sighed. " Are you afraid of your mom?"

"I just really want her to be proud of me." Mal confessed " she gets so angry at me when I disappoint her. And yeah she's my mom,so I know she loves me, in her own way" she said sadly. Hadley squeezed her shoulders as evie grabbed her hands.

" Hadley, are you afraid of your mom?" Mal asked looking over her shoulder at her.

Hadley hesitated. " I never knew my mom. She left me with my father after I was born"

Evie stood up telling Mal to go look in the mirror and she put an arm around Hadley's shoulder guiding her over to Mal.

Mal stood at the mirror staring at herself,

" I look... not hideous." She smiled.

"Not even close." They both beamed as they moved behind her.

There was a knock on their dorm door.

"Your prince awaits." Hadley joked squeezing Mal's shoulder and going to stand by Evie as Mal opened the door.

Ben stood on the other side dressed in a royal blue button down, white pants and an Auradon prep varsity jacket. He also carried two bike helmets tucked under both arms.

His eyes popped and jaw slacked slightly when Mal opened the door.

"For the first time I understand the difference between pretty.. and beautiful." He stammered.

Mal gave a tight lipped smile.

"I hope you like bikes." He said holding a helmet out for her.

She took the helmet and as she left the door she looked to the two girls by Evie's bed and gave them a look that said "seriously?".

Evie shut the door after they disappeared down the hallway.

" So you and Doug? Huh?" Hayden smirked lying down on Evie's bed.