Part 10

The next afternoon Hadley sat doodling in rg101 not listening to a word Fairy Godmother was saying.

Towards the end of class, FG called for everyone's attention

" As you know, this Friday is family day here at Auradon Prep, and seeing as your parents can't be here due to...uh.. distance" she laughed. " We have arranged for a special treat." she clapped her hands together and walked backwards towards one of the two screens at the front of the room. FG pressed a button and the screen popped to life.

Maleficent's face was obnoxiously close to the screen trying to figure out the new technology.

" I don't see anything, nor do I hear." Maleficent's voice booked through the speakers.

"Kids!" FG waved the five over.

They all stood, sharing glances as they made their way to the front of the classroom.

When Maleficent retreated to her spot back on the couch in between Jafar and Cruella, Hadley noticed an absence of blue fire.

"Is it.. is it.. can I please see a remote?!" Maleficent yelled.

Evil Queen handed her one from beside her.

As they kept babbling about how the thing wouldn't work, Hadley couldn't help but feel disappointed that she didn't see her father among them. Some hwo they got their screen to turn on.

"Oh Evie!it's Mommy!" EQ waved to Evie "oh look how beautiful. You know what they say, the poison apple don't fall far from the tree." Evie blushed.

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent shot back.

"Eww! Who's the old bat!?" Cruella asked pointing to FG.

"This is Fairy Godmother." Mal said.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent laughed and the rest followed suit.

" I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!" FG defended.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella till 1am?" Maleficent shot again " What? Did the hamsters have to be back on their little wheels?!"

"They were mice!" FG shot back " she turned to the five behind her. "They were mice" before leaving the frame she said it again.

"Fairy Godmother?" Hadley asked moving over to where she now stood.

"Yes dear?"

"Where is my father?" Hadley played with the sleeves of her jacket.

"Oh that's right! I'm so sorry dear but your father couldn't make it. Something came up in the Underworld that he had to take care of." Hadley looked down understanding.

"But, one of your teachers graciously told of of some other people we could call for you"

Fairy Godmother moved around the first screen and towards the second one a few feet away. Hadley curiously followed.

When Fairy Godmother pressed the button on the keypad of the second screen Hadley's eyes lit up and she let out a small laugh.

Sitting,squished together on a battered old burgundy leather armchair, where two of Hadley's most favorite people.

Harry and CJ where both fighting over the remote to turn their screen.

"Fork it o'er ya runt!" Harry grunted trying to pull the remote from his younger sisters hand.

"No!I wanna do it! She's my friend too!" She fought back. For being only 11 she's pretty strong.

"But she was mine first!"