Part 9

Helena's POV

It's currently about 2pm. I'm at the mall with Alex and things are going great! We've been holding hands and hugging A LOT.

"Where should we go next babe?" Alex asked. I blushed and looked at my feet. "We could go look at shoes.." I suggested. Alex just laughed before taking my hand.

We were at Foot Locker now. Alex, being the dork he is asked if he could pick out a pair of shoes for me so we walked around and browsed. He finally decided on a pair of lime green and black Jordans. My two favorite colors! I thought he was just too adorable.

After about a half an hour in the store we went to pay. The girl at check out looked at me and Alex and smiled.

I was getting out my money when Alex beat me to it. "Alex you don't have to do that.. I got it!" I said still surprised. "I just wanna buy these for my girlfriend, is that a problem?" he asked with a smirk. "So I'm your girlfriend now?" I asked blushing. "Only if you want to be.. I mean I'd love it if you were.. I just" I cut him off by saying yes and a huge grin spread across his face.

We decided to go get ice cream next. And that's when I got the call...

PHONE CALL

"Hello? Who is this?" I asked because of the unknown number.

"This is Michele... Austin's mom."

"Oh hi! Is everything okay?" I was really nervous at what her response would be. Alex looked confused as well. "It's Austin's mom" I mouthed to him and he nodded.

"Actually no. I have some terrible news..." She paused briefly and took a deep breathe. "Austin and Jasmine were in a car accident. The doctors haven't told me anything yet but I think you and Alex better come to the hospital."

"Alright thank you Mrs.Mahone. We'll be there as soon as we can."

I froze. I was speechless... my best fried and her boyfriend were in a crash. What if they don't make it? What will I do!? She's my other half!

Alex must have caught on because he was now hugging me rubbing my back trying to comfort me. "We should go." he said in a gentle tone. I nodded in agreement and we walked to his car.

*************************

After what seemed like years we finally got to the hospital.

I was silent the whole ride there, crying while Alex tried to tell me it would be okay.

Almost as soon as the car was in park I got out and ran in the building. Alex tried to keep up. When I walked through the door the rest of the crew came over and hugged me. Austin's mom followed and filled us in on what she knew.

"They haven't told us exactly what happened yet, but the said Austin bruised his ribs and has a mild concision.. Which we got lucky! Jasmine on the other hand wasn't as lucky.." As soon as she said that I broke down. I collapsed into Alex's arms and began sobbing.

"She's in a coma right now.. the doctor said she should be waking up in a few days, but she might not remember everything right away."

I was glad she's alive but what if she doesn't remember me?

Just then the nurse came out. "Are you here for Mr. Mahone?" We all nodded. "He's awake now. Right this way!" We followed her down the hall to room 349. I really had no idea what to expect anymore..

A/N: Over 100 reads! wow thank you to those of you who are reading! I hope you like it(: