Unwanted Issues

Ray's POV

I fall.

It happens quite slowly actually.

I can see floor by floor of Stark Tower as gravity pulls me to what I hope is an end of sorts.

What I don't expect to see:

A giant green blob coming at me.

And I mean straight at me.

And it crashes into me.

And crushes me.

And then there's nothing.

...

Bruce POV

So when alarms go off, people tend to panic. It happens.

But the amount of panic I felt when I saw Ray on Tony's security feed in the war room, was indescribable. 

As soon as I saw the live feed of the kid scaling Stark Tower, I knew what they were doing. "They're gonna jump," I muttered under my breath. 

Tony turned to face me, then back to the screen. He has no words.

As Ray climbs higher and higher, I realize what I have to do. I look out the war room window. It's too high up. I need to get lower.

Fighting back green, I rush down to the ninth floor. The interns and workers are clearing out and I stop in front of a giant window.

"Okay Hulk. Now's the time!" I say to him.

He doesn't even hesitate. I see green right as a falling blob passes the window. The Green Guy jumps out the window and grabs the kid. We have our arms wrapped around them and are completely prepared to cushion the fall... or so we thought.

We hit the ground, and everything goes black.

...

Ray's POV

"I'm fine Tony! You leave the kid and I alone! You wanna help? How about fighting off the press? Or better yet, tell Fury to back off! This is a freaking KID Tones! And you revealed their identity to people who are hunting them down-"

"Bruce! The kids waking up..."

I was waking up. And that's a painful experience. Waking up to everything hurting. 

I don't feel it for long though. There's some shuffling to my right, and I'm knocked out again.

...

"So you're telling me, that you guys know Ray... From an orphanage?" I hear Bruce ask.

"Yes! For the hundredth time, we've been making sure this kid's been eating enough to stay alive for the past three weeks! Now will you let us in or not?" 

That's Sarah. I can feel the sass from here. I try to open my eyes to see if Dan's here too.

My eyelids are so heavy that it proves difficult... but eventually I get them open. 

And there they are. Right in front of me. Dan and Sarah... And Dr. Banner.

Dan and Bruce look like hell. Sarah just looks determined. And that's slowly replaced with accomplishment when she sees me looking at them.

"Hey! Ray, tell him. Tell him that you know us so that way Dan can get in and see you. He's been looking like a lost puppy sense you pulled that entire "I can swing! Wonder if spiders can fly too!" stunt."

That earns her a jab in the ribs from Dan, and Bruce looks at me concerned. That makes me mad. You can't just expose me and then feel bad when things go to crap.