Leaving

Ray POV

"Now."

And just like that, Dan was no longer there. Instead, he was replaced by a black monster with big white eyes and too many teeth. I don't have time to question this though. Because the monster scoops me up, and attaches me to its back.

Not even kidding. It attached me to its back. The monster that was just my boyfriend, attached me to its back.

My level of confusion was probably unreachable, but I don't get a chance to freak out. I was trying to seem tough and untouched in front of Dan earlier. But all of this moving opened what was left of my stitches after the waterboarding from a few hours prior.

The pain is too much and my eyes start to roll back into my head. Black dots skewer my vision, and next thing I know, all I see is black. 

...

Dan POV

We're back in New York when I come to. Ray is resting in my arms, shivering and sweating at the same time. 

I know that I should take them to the tower... but the way I left...

"Venom, how bad were things when you left?"

Oh trust me Dan. You do not want to go back there.

"Great." But Ray needs medical attention. 

I can't just take them to the nearest hospital. What if a normal doctor found out something about Ray's powers? No, they need to go to Stark tower. Without me.

I don't call Venom out for this one. I need to do this myself.

So, I carry Ray for about three miles. Not slowing down once. 

When we reach the Tower, I stop on the side of the building and pull on Ray's hoodie. I pull the hood over and put Ray's suit on top of them before continuing. Then, I ask Venom to help for the first time since deciding this, and he helps me climb the building without a word. 

When we reach the top, near Tony's penthouse, I can see all of the Avengers through the window. They all seem to be sitting around Tony's living room, deep in conversation. 

They can't see me, or at least I hope not, because of the dark. So, I make my way to one of the rooftop doors.

I look down at Ray. Their lips are turning blue and the sweat had gone through most of their clothes. I have to do this. 

I knock on the door and set Ray down. I'm about to turn my back before I look at them one more time. 

I bend down and kiss them on the forehead, "I'll come back for you."

I can hear people coming, so I turn my back and run off of the building. Venom takes partial control and we haul tail getting out of there. 

I don't look back until Stark Tower is no longer visible. 

And when I do, I proceed to sit down in the very spot I looked back in,

and cry.

I just need to cry right now.

...

Ray POV

I wake up to someone shaking me. 

At first, I think it's a Hydra agent. So I try to get as far away from them as possible.

I don't even open my eyes as I flail my arms and struggle to get away. It's not until I here a familiar voice shouting my name, that I open my eyes to address the source of the shaking.