Prologue

Amborg Industries, or A.I. Industries for short (not to be confused with artificial intelligence), was initially and still is a place dedicated to science. There are several things that aren't known to the public though despite its popularity. For instance, no one knows where it's actually located. It is kept a secret by every single person on the staff and security list. Employees are personally interviewed by Dr. Kendrick himself who greatly values loyalty. Remember that name. His name is probably the very reason this story is written. Anyway, anyone affiliated with A.I. Industries lives on site, room and board, all expenses paid. The job applications keep coming in from every college graduate around the country and overseas. If you manage to land a job, then you enter a new world where they are allowed to work with a very special group of individuals. These individuals are not exactly normal. Not anymore. Dr. Kendrick prefers to call them a very special group of... children. Young adults or teenagers would probably be more politically correct. They are not affiliated with law enforcement or any private military organization but they were created for a few important reasons. Evolution to the next level and to fight for humanity. Although that might not be specific enough for most audiences, let us return to the specifics at A.I. Industries and what the company does. We will get back to the special individuals, the characters of this story, in a bit. Promise.

    The first thing to learn about A.I. Industries is that it's not a school for the common population despite the fact that one section of the complex is made up entirely of classrooms. One then might assume it's a private school and they would be partially correct. It is in fact a school that teaches everything. Well... everything about the known world that is. These classes range from philosophy, art, music, to physics, etcetera. Pretty much, any class elective you can think of, there is an eighty six percent chance they teach it. If you're wondering what the students there are like, well, then you're about to know.

    They are known to the public by classification, known to each other by their name and numbers, and known by their own individual stories. If you had the time to sit through their life stories, which would literally take forever, then Dr. Kendrick would be able to explain how special each of them are. What are their names? They have regular first names but their last names are numbers. These individuals are named for the company that made them. They are known as, you guessed it, the amborgs.

    It does sound like a weird name to give to a group of people that are and have been special for generations. Dr. Kendrick, when he came up with the idea, hoped it would be iconic while admitting it was a peculiar but unique name. In fact, it wasn't even spelled the way it is now. Originally, the word amborg was a combination of the words anthropological cyborg. It was supposed to spell "anborg" but thanks to a news reporter, a typo was put into the broadcast making the word amborg. Interestingly enough, the name just stuck and everyone became used to the accidentally edited title. Even several of the lead scientists preferred it that way. To this day, Dr. Kendrick believes that amborg is actually a lot easier to say. Even they don't care what you call them.

    If it hasn't already been made clear already, an amborg is one of the next levels for the human race. When you combine anthropology and cybernetics together it results in a half-human half-robot hybrid. The amborgs look human but are equipped with the advanced capabilities of a computer with minimal flaws. Also, they have the strength and the abilities a cyborg usually has. Initially though, there were problems with the first group amborgs. But eventually, with the coming of the second group amborgs, they overcame these issues. This is that story. Where to begin though is the real question? So have fun. Welcome to a new world.

    Access granted. A.I. Industries files opened for viewing. Enjoy your session.