Chapter 11

2128 January

Suspected Drug Factory, Chicago

    "Help! 117! 117! Help me! I require immediate assistance!"

    "If you wait one more second Donut, I can provide you with all the assistance you need. For now though, please shut up!"

    501 was backed against a wall, surrounded by ten thugs, all were brandishing LTO knifes. Just before they all had the chance to close in, 117 dropped down from a nearby cargo crate and landed on one of the thugs. He ran forward and stood next to the hunched amborg, grabbed him by the back of the neck and lifted him so he straightened up. The two of them then readied themselves as the other nine assailants walked forward.

    "Thank you 117," 501 muttered gratefully back to 117's mind as 117 let go of him and he straightened up. "I am sorry if I have begun babbling again... it is not happening intentionally."

    "Doesn't he ever stop?" Mandy groaned as she spoke in the back of 117's mind.

    117 shrugged and immediately grabbed 501's left arm. Not replying to Mandy, he lifted the Third Group amborg up off his feet and swung him at the bad guys.

    "What are you doing 117?!" he exclaimed as 117 swung him outward and his feet smacked into a few of the men trying to get in close. "Hey! Look out!"

    501 had only struck four of them in the attack. Five were left standing staring awkwardly at what 117 had done. 501 looked around helplessly as he was carried on his side while 117 continued to think of other battle strategies.

    "117!" he cried, "Please put me down! I can take care of the last five guys."

    "My thoughts exactly," 117 smirked. "Not a bad idea Donut. Get ready to land."

    "Land where? Wha... hey wait!"

    501's protests were cut off when 117 suddenly threw him with tremendous force at the bad guys. 501 knocked over the remaining thugs in one massive body slam. Even though they were all on the ground, 501 still had a lot of momentum and continued to fly several feet across the room after knocking the enemy down like bowling pins. Instead of landing on his feet, 501 ended up doing a somersault and rolled into a pile of crates to add to the collateral damage.

    "For an amborg," 117 said as he ran over to where 501 was feebly recovering from the impact. As he approached, he punched another gangster who tried to jump attack him. "You have strange responses to hostile situations."

    "That's not all either," Mandy added in the back of 117's mind. "Have you ever seen such a sheepish amborg? His tech's probably getting a massive headache like I am."

    "Who has the worst headache?" 117 replied privately. "The amborg or the technician?"

    "Very funny David."

    117 leaned forward and grabbed 501's hand to pull him back up.

    "My system performance drops when I am in hostile situations!" he muttered as he stood up straight. "I wonder how 466 is doing. I cannot refrain from talking too fast in situations like this without her guidance and words of pulchritudinous perfection."

    Rolling his eyes, 117 punched 501 in the ribs casually. 501 bent forward as if he was vomiting. He straightened back up, blinked and then looked back at 117 with a completely normal and calm stature. His panicky state was completely gone in an instant.

    "Thanks 117," he nodded in relief, "I needed that."

    501 took two steps to the left and noticed a small emergency wall panel. Ripping it open, he pulled out the fire extinguisher inside and threw it at another gangster who had just appeared around the corner. A loud clang knocked the enemy unconscious. He turned to look back at 117 with a small smile on his face.