f o u r •

HimAs soon as class is over I rush out of the classroom, away from the people

Him
As soon as class is over I rush out of the classroom, away from the people. I sigh looking into the busy canteen. There are people chatting and catching up with each other. I act like I didn't care, but I felt the emptiness kicking in.

Like a stab into my heart, and only now. Now that I had people surround me, I felt lonely. I scoffed at myself, letting out a bitter smile.

As if I need someone.

I picked up an empty tray and entered the queue. Suddenly I saw the girl from my class run into the canteen, she had a confused look on her face. But I saw her face sadden at the sight of a group sitting in front of her.

Suddenly a girl flung her arms around her, crying while hugging her tight. I saw her emotion change. From a sad expression to a comforting one she pat the girl on her back.

A person from behind nudged me, pointing at the empty space in front of me. I quickly apologised and moved my legs feeling my eyes travel back to her. Internally cursing myself I shook my head and looked at my feet. I clenched the tray in my hand, the loneliness making my heart ache.

As if I was interested.

Her
The boy behind speeded out of class as soon as the bell rang. I followed him with my eyes and questioned if he was just shy or just didn't like me.

He doesn't like you. Get it in your head.

I feel a sharp pain in my heart and I clench my hands into a fist. I sigh and pack my back, and then my eyes move to the empty seats in the back of the class.

Hana, Soyoung and Mina didn't even bother to wait.

Because they hate you.

I bit my lip tasting the bitter taste of iron. I sigh, dragging myself up from my seat. The homeroom teacher approaches me in the corner of my eye, but I quickly escape his grasp.

As I enter the busy canteen my eyes search for Hana's bright hair, seeing her sitting with Soyoung, Mina, Suho and Jae. They all looked so happy without me.

It's because they are.

My expression saddens as I try to block out the voice haunting me. Suddenly a pair of arms swing themselves around me, a body launching itself on me.

"Naeun!" I hear a familiar cries followed by incoherent words and sobs. I look to my side and see Bora clinging onto me. As Hana notices Bora they suddenly stand up and ask what is wrong.

I was invisible to them, until someone else came to draw attention. I clenched my fists feeling angry and sad at the same it. I swallowed my tears shaking my head.

It isn't about you right now. Stop being such an attention whore. It's not like they care about you anyway.

I slowly patted Bora on the back and started comforting her. We moved to the table and Bora went to sit next to Hana. I sat down next to Suho at the end of the table, totally forgetting to pick up my food.

"Is everything alright?" Suho suddenly asked and I weakly smiled rubbing my arms, while internally hissing because of the wounds.

"Just three awful—" before I could finish my sentence I felt arms around me.

"Shortcake!" His warm voice, it sparked something inside of me. I looked up to his dazzling smile and he sat down next to me.

Immediately I saw Hana dart her eyes towards us, whispering something to Soyoung.

"Hobi," I smiled, before I could speak to him, Hana squished herself between us and pushed me towards Suho. I saw something change in Suho's expression but didn't question it.

"Hobi!" Her sugarcoated voice squeaked, making an ear deafening sound. She threw her arms around Hoseok, pulling him into a tight hug. I pressed my lips on each other and stared in front of me.

I felt my hands ball into fists, feeling my stomach churn. It's not her fault she doesn't like you. If only you weren't such a terrible person. I bit my lip trying to fight the tears and the voice.

It was hers. Her voice.

You know, if you'd just disappear you wouldn't be such a burden to everyone around you. If you'd just k—

"Are you sure everything is alright?" I hear a voice next to me as I wake up from my train of thoughts I look around and everything already left, even Hoseok.

Hoseok didn't even wait for me.

And it's all your fault.

"And it's all my fault,"