chapter twenty-two

Toronto, Canada
BAILEY JONES

I slowly opened my eyes and came closer to Shawn, slightly surprised that Brooke didn't run in my room this morning. I looked up seeing him still sleeping.

My hand came in contact with his jaw. "Morning babe." I whispered

He turned around bringing the sheets over his head. "Let me sleep." He groaned

"Shawn, we need to go downstairs." I told him as I straddles his lap.

He laid his hands on my bum and whined. "No, I don't want to."

"Please." I pouted and kissed him softly. "Come on, it's my mom's birthday."

He groaned and opened his eyes, he looked at me as his lips curved into a smile. "Okay, does your parents know that i'm here?"

I shook my head. "Only my mum." I said walking to the door. "And put something on."

He hummed. "Wait for me, please."

"Sure." I grabbed my phone and looked at it. "Wow, you're fans already know that you're in Toronto."

He chuckled. "They're fast, eh." He smiled softly. "Even if I'm not a singer anymore, they're still sticking by my side."

I giggled. "That's cute. Why did you stop singing?" I queried

"I will tell you later okay?" I nodded and walked out of the room with Shawn behind me. We went downstairs where all my family was.

I breathed in. "Hey..everyone." My parents turned around as my dad frowned.

"Hey mummy!" Said Brooke. "Hey Shawn!" She ran to him and hugged him.

"Who is he?" Asked my dad making Shawn stop everything he was doing

I cleared my throat. "Dad, this is my boyfriend, Shawn." I replied making my dad frown.

"Boyfriend?" He scoffed. "Since when? Two days?"

"No." I answered looking at Shawn with Brooke in his arms. "He's a great boyfriend and he's perfect with Brooke."

I looked at my mom who seemed mad but at my dad. I was not mad at him, I understood perfectly that after what happened, he was scared.

"With Brooke?" He asked.

"Grandpa! He's so cool." Said Brooke out of nowhere. "He takes me out a lot with mummy!" She told smiling as she kissed his cheek.

"Love you." He whispered kissing her forehead.

My dad bit his lower lip while my mom walked towards Shawn. "Hey Shawn, nice to meet you."

He smiled warmly. "Nice to meet you, Miss Jones. Happy birthday."

She chuckled. "Thank you a lot."

I looked at my dad and saw him walking to my boyfriend. "Hey, I'm Steven."

Shawn nodded. "Nice to meet you sir." Replied Shawn

"Me too." Answered my dad with a little smile.

We all sat at the table and started to have breakfast, Shawn was sitting on my right while my parents were in front of us.

My dad cleared his throat. "So what are you doing in your life, Shawn?"

He smiled softly. "I used to be a singer but I stopped and now I'm a manager." He said proudly

"How great is this?" Said my mom. "You do the same job as our daughter."

He chuckled. "Not exactly, she has a company which I haven't."

She scoffed. "It's the same, dear."

My dad coughed. "How did you meet my daughter?"

"I signed with her a few months ago and then we became friends and now she is my girlfriend." He replied

He hummed. "Do you love her?"

Shawn tensed and grabbed my hand. "I think it's a little too early to say that I love her but I truly have feelings for her."

The old man scoffed. "So, you don't love her?"

Shawn sighed. "Okay, um, I really strong feelings towards your daughter. I love everything about her, the fact that she can light a room with her laugh or make my day just with a kiss." My boyfriend smiled. "And, Brooke is amazing, she is sweetheart and I really care about her and I love being a part of her life."

I looked at the man next to me and squeezed his hand and smiled. He never told me that, well, he already told me that he was happy that we were part of his life but not that.

My father grinned. "I guess, we can say that you're accepted in our crazy family."

Shawn gasped. "Really?" He asked as my dad nodded.

We spent the rest of the day talking with my parents and playing with Brooke.

[EDITED]