chapter sixty-six

"Deep down, you always knew."
- A Five Word Short Story

bailey jones
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

"Michael!" I yelled as I hugged him, he laughed but wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up.

"Bailey I mean Bails, it's not that I don't love you but your fiancé is killing me with his eyes right now." He said letting go of me as I turned around and walked to the car.

"Shawn." I said as he rolled his eyes.

"Bailey," He teased as I leaned down and kissed his lips. "Alright, I'm leaving! See you tonight babe"

"See you tonight," I whispered as he started the car and left. "See? He didn't talk about you."

"I understand why he is worried, I would turn straight for you sweetie," He laughed as I joined him.

"Remember the first time, we met?" I asked as he nodded

"A disaster," He said. "You were fucking annoying," I slapped his arm lightly

"I was not! You were being all anxious and nervous made me feel anxious and nervous," I laughed as he shook his head

"Anyway, you my love need to work so do I." He said laughing as I laughed along with him.

It felt nice to have a friend in LA, another friend than Em because I always felt lonely here, they were only my sister and Emily and now I felt like I'm more open to people and it was a good thing.

"Hey Bails, can I talk to you for a sec?" Asked Em as I nodded and left Michael in the corridor.

"How are you, Em?" I asked trying to make the conversation.

"Perfect, I hope you are too." I nodded as she smiled. "I wanted to talk about Toronto, I think I could go but..not right now."

I frowned. "What do you mean, not right now?" I scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

"Because I love it here but I also love you," her voice soften as I looked at her. I knew deep inside of me that she wanted to come but I could see that she totally loved here.

"Okay..You know that there will be a place for you there," I smiled to her. "It's waiting for you,"

"Please don't be mad at me, I-I love you Bails," I pouted and stood up.

"Come here!" I said opening my arms as she fell into them. "You're a part of my family, Em. I don't care if you stay here or not because I'll still have you in my life," I said as she smiled.

"You and Michael, eh?" She asked as I laughed.

"He's funny and I really liked before and I was like why not haha," I laughed quietly as she nodded.

"How's Brooke and everyone?" She asked as I sat back down.

"Brooke misses you, my parents are more than okay since I move there, Kate is pregnant!" I squealed. "Jason got a girlfriend, yeah. That's surprising." We laughed together.

"Everyone looks more than okay," She said as I nodded and smiled.

"How's yours?" I asked to her as she shrugged.