chapter twenty-six

bailey jones
los angeles, california

back at my office for work, i wasn't gonna to lie, i missed my office and i missed my job. toronto was amazing and the fact that my parents were more than okay with shawn being my boyfriend made me so happy.

he also said me 'i love you', i wanted to say it back but it was hard, our relationship wasn't going fast but i was falling in love with him and i was scared because maybe he was going to leave. brooke called him 'daddy', i was not against this i knew that it would come, he was just so present in her life and he loved her like she was his own daughter. when brooke called him 'daddy', i knew my relationship with him was going to be actually so serious because if we broke up, it wasn't only me who was going to be heartbroken, brooke was going to be to.

em walked in my office and smiled at me, "hey how was your trip to toronto?"

i sighed, she didn't know anything, "great, shawn came,"

"really? spill the tea!" i chuckled and nodded.

"i'm going to be very short, okay?" she nodded, "my parents accepted shawn, he told me 'i love you', i met his friends then his parents and my daughter called him 'daddy'"

"oh wow, okay," she said, "first, did you say that you loved him?"

"nope," she was going to talk but i cut her off, "i'm not ready, but i'm falling for him,"

"that's cute, take your time babe" she said, "and how did he react when B called him 'daddy'?"

"he did a panic attack," i giggled, "not because he was like against the idea of this, it's because he was nervous,"

"awn," she said in awe, "he's cute tho,"

"i know, i miss him," i pouted as she laughed

"you're crazy in love girl," she replied

five minutes later, she left my office and went back to hers. one week ago, i was thinking about hiring a new assistant since i promoted Em and today i was seeing this guy, Kyle, for the new job.

the lady called me and told me that he was going to come, i waited and heard a knock on the door. "come in!" i yelled

"hello mrs jones," he said smiling

i looked up, gosh he was handsome. i motioned him to sit and smiled.

"so kyle, uh?" he nodded, "why do you want this job?"

"i want this job because it's kinda hard right now, my dad is dead and my mom is sick so i need to get a job for paying her treatment," he explained, i felt bad for him.

"i'm so sorry to hear that," he sent me a weak smile, "why do you think, you can have this job?"

"i already worked as a personal assistant three years ago, and i really liked it," he smiled, "and i think, i'm the right person for this job,"

i nodded and examined his file, that's true he already worked as a personal assistant and he did a good job from what i read. i looked up.

"alright, well i take you," i answered. "you can start today or tomorrow?"

"today is okay," he answered. "thank you so much mrs jones,"

"my pleasure," i answered, "you're not obligated to start right now, let's just talk about you,"

"sure," he replied, "so i'm kyle, i'm twenty one and i'm from new york,"

"why are you in los angeles?" i asked

"my parents got enough of new york, so when they had my little sister, they thought that los angeles was better for rising a kid," he shrugged, "you know the weather and the beach,"

"yeah i know, and they are right," i said. "new york is great but living there with a child it's kinda hard,"

"yeah," he answered.

we continued to talk about his family, and now he was telling me some jokes that his cousins made him, they were all funny. we stopped when we heard someone walking in the office, i looked up and saw my boyfriend.

"hey you," i said pecking his lips. "kyle this is my boyfriend shawn and shawn this is kyle my new personal assistant,"

shawn faked smile and shook his hand, "nice to meet you,"

"the same for me," replied kyle, "alright, i'm going to leave you two alone!"

shawn waited for him to leave and wrapped his arms around my waist, he leaned in and kissed me softly, our lips moved in sync while my hands went on the back of his neck and started to play with his curls. "i missed you,"

"me too," i answered kissing his nose. "how are you?"

"i'm great, cant wait to see brooke," he answered. "since she called me 'daddy' i feel like, i need to be here for her constantly like i'm her real father, i kinda like this feelings," he admitted

"shawn, you're maybe not the real father but she's yours," he sighed as i sat on his lap, "look at me," he looked up as i smiled, "we are all yours," i said placing my lips on his.

"all mine?" he asked as i nodded, "i like that,"

i loved him so much, i needed to find the right moment to tell him.

i love them so much
sorry for the mistakes