chapter seventy-five

"Her laugh is my muse."
- angel a.g

Bailey Jones
TORONTO, CANADA
one year later.

"Shelly!" I yelled as she ran to her dad. "Please, baby. Come back." I pouted as she shook her head

"What's happening here?" Asked Shawn as he took Shelly in his arms.

"We're going to be late for Brooke's match and she keeps running everywhere." I sighed. "Please help me babe?" I asked to Shawn as he nodded.

"Stop being mean with mummy, we have to go so we can see Brooke." Said Shawn kissing her nose.

"Sorry daddy." She told him wrapping her arms around his neck.

Shelly was one year old and since she could walk, well more like run. She was running everywhere. Also, she was a daddy's girl and when I said that I meant it, she was always gluing to Shawn.

Ten minutes later, they came back and we finally left for Brooke's match. Since a year she was playing at Hockey, Shawn was extremely happy and couldn't be more proud of her.

"Are you okay?" He asked to me, I nodded and kept my eyes on the road. "You sure, darling?"

"Yes, don't worry baby." I flashed him a smile and closed my eyes.

"Okay." He whispered putting his hand on my tight and rubbed circles on it. "Oh, by the way I have a date for our wedding." He told me as I looked at him.

"When?" I asked softly. "Please tell me it's a winter wedding!" I squealed like a child

"It is. Since I know you so well." He grinned. "Twenty-five of December." He exclaimed.

"No way! On Christmas day?" I whispered yelled. "Tell me, you're kidding!"

He shook his head. "Am not, love." He said looking at me.

"We're going to get married on Christmas, fuck yes!" I said with a wide smile.

[]

"Are you proud of me, daddy?" Asked Brooke walking next to me.

"Yes babe, you played so good. You're going to be a star in the future." He told her softly as she smiled.

"We won! I'm so happy!" She said to us. "Shelly are you happy?" She asked

Shelly clapped her hands together and looked at Brooke. "Does that mean she is happy?" She asked to me.

"It means that she's really proud of you." I told her as Brooke bit her lower lip and stared at her younger sister.

"Wanna go somewhere to celebrate your victory?" Asked softly Shawn, she nodded and hugged him.

"Can we go to grandma Karen? She made the best cake ever!" She said in Shawn's neck.

I laughed and grabbed my phone, dialled Karen's number and waited. "Bailey?" She asked on the other side of the phone.

"Hey Karen, I was wondering if we could come? Brooke won her match and she said that she loves Granny's cakes." I told her as she chuckled

"Of course! I will bake a cake for her. Chocolate?" She asked softly as I hummed.

"Chocolate." I nodded. "See you soon, Karen." I told her and hung up.

Brooke stared at me waiting for an answer. "Alright, we're going to Granny!" I exclaimed as she yelled.

Forty-five minutes later, we were parking in front of the house. We all got out of the car and walked to the front door, Shelly in Shawn's arms while Brooke was in mine. Brooke knocked and waited.

"Guys!" Said Manny. "Look at those cuties." He exclaimed looking at our children.

"Hey dad." Said Shawn sarcastically. "Wanna hold Shelly?" He asked to his father as he nodded.

Brooke and I walked into the kitchen seeing Karen grabbing a cake out of the oven. She looked at us and smiled. "Grandma." She squealed and hugged her legs.

"Hey baby." Said Karen softly to her grandchild. "So, you won eh?" She said as Brooke nodded.

"Hey Bails, you look gorgeous as usual." She told me kissing my cheeks.

"You look lovely, Karen." I said to her as she thanked me and continued to talk with Brooke about her match.

I joined Shawn and Manny in the living room. "Mama!" Said Shelly looking at me. "Mama!" She repeated

"Hey love." I told her waving. Shawn sat next to me and kissed my cheek.

"Wanna go somewhere? I want to show you something." He told me, I nodded and grabbed his hand.

Shawn led me in his old room, who was now filled with instruments. He sat at the piano and started to play a soft melody and I instantly recognized 'Best part' by Daniel Caesar (feat H.E.R). His angelic voice starts to sing the lyrics as I found myself singing with him.

"Should I sing this at our wedding? I worked hard on it, like adjust the melody to my voice you know." He said shyly.

"Babe, you really should to but don't wonder why I will be crying." I said to him rubbing his soft cheek.

I leaned down, his hazel eyes staring at mine, his big hands on my hips bringing me closer to him. After a minute, his lips found mine in a sweet kiss. We pulled away smiling against each other lips.

"I love you." He told me softly brushing his nose against mine.

"And I love you, honey." I told him sweetly pecking his lips one more time. "So fucking much." I whispered.

"You crazy about me, eh?" He chuckled, I shrugged.

"Indeed am." I answered as he kissed me again. "You should be crazy about me, too?"

"Oh, but I am baby." He said to me kissing my cheek. "Future Mrs.Mendes."

DAMN IT, I FINALLY UPDATED LOL

sorry for the mistakes!!!