chapter nineteen

Los Angeles, California
BAILEY JONES

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around seeing Shawn still sleeping next to me. I had to admit that he was pretty cute when he slept.

I rolled over him and straddled his bare stomach, he groaned and opened his eyes. "Morning love." He talked with a raspy voice

I smiled. "Morning Shawn." He put his hands on my lower back and brought me closer to him.

"If you don't stop moving on me, we will have a little problem down there." He explained as I let out a chuckle.

I stopped moving. "Alright, sorry babe." I leaned down and kissed him softly before standing up. "I'm going to pick up Brooke, wanna come?"

He nodded. "Sure."

As I put my jewelry on, I watched him on his phone. "You hungry?"

He shook his head. "Not really, why?" He asked looking at me.

I shrugged. "Maybe we could go eat the three of us, after?"

He smiled. "Yeah, I noticed that you were wearing my necklace and my bracelet." He said touching my chest.

I nodded. "Of course." He kissed me softly, his lips felt warm and safe on mine and I loved it.

I drove to my brother's place as I got out of the car, Shawn jogged over me and grabbed my hand

"Anxious?" I queried walking to the front door.

He shook his head. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Maybe because you're meeting my brother!" I told him as he chuckled

"I'm not anxious." He answered kissing my temple before I could say something, my brother opened the door.

"Hey Bails." He smiled hugging me. "Hey man." He told Shawn

"Hey Jason." I stepped in the apartment. "This is Shawn, my boyfriend."

Jason nodded. "Nice to meet you, man." Said Jason shaking my boyfriend's hand.

Shawn smiled. "Nice to meet you too." He replied.

I walked in the living room and spotted Brooke on the couch. I smiled and went next to her.

She turned her head towards me and grinned. "Hey mummy!"

"Hi sweetheart." I kissed her head. "How was the sleepover?"

"So cool!" She exclaimed. "Uncle Jason gave me candies!" She added making me groan.

"That's great." I mumbled glaring at Jason. "Are you hungry?" I asked.

She hummed. "A lot." I took her in my arms.

"What about we go out for lunch?" I asked her.

"Oh, yes please! Does Shawn is here?" She asked as I chuckled.

"Did I just hear my name?" Said Shawn walking towards her. "Hey love." He kissed her cheek.

"Shawn! I missed you." She yelled wrapping his arms around his neck.

"Missed you too, hunny." He answered with a wide smile.

I stood up and walked to my brother. "Thanks for babysitting her, yesterday night."

He smiled. "You're welcome. How was the dinner?"

I rolled my eyes. "Boring as fuck." I replied whispering the last part, he chuckled.

He cleared his throat. "So, you and Shawn, eh?"

I nodded and tugged hair behind my ear. "I really like him, Jay. He is really a sweetheart with me." I said.

"I know." He hummed. "Brooke won't stop talking about him." He said as my lips curved into a smile.

I kept walking to him a little, then went with Shawn and Brooke. "Alright, loves. It's time for us to leave."

"Okay mummy." Said my little girl.

We said our goodbyes and walked to my car, Shawn put Brooke in the backseat as I sat waiting for Shawn to hop in the car.

"Alright, let's go! I'm starving." Said Shawn

"Me too!" Yelled Brooke. "Can we eat at in-n-our?"

Shawn hummed. "Of course."

We spent our day together, we acted like a family all day and I liked it. It felt good to not be alone. Brooke loved him and Shawn loved her, I even started to think that she loved him more than me. I drove back to Shawn's building, where was his car and said goodbye to Brooke and promised to come back soon.

He came to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Thank you for today, I loved being with you guys." He said honestly.

"We love being with you, Mendes." I told him smiling.

"I need to go, I have work to do." He said as I leaned in.

"Shut up and let me kiss you." I said making him chuckle

"Alright, Jones." He grinned as I sealed our lips together in a long and passionate kiss. "Bye babe."

One he was in his car, I looked at broke. "Mummy are you in love with Shawn?"

I giggled. "I am baby, but it's a secret." I answered

I loved him so much and I had no idea if it was mutual.

[EDITED]
hola!!! they're cute together. P E R I O D.