|10|

Neal hurriedly called and taxi that drove him to the city: half an hour drive to where the contest was being held.

"Fuck me!"
He slaps himself severally dramatically in guilt of over sleeping that he is going to be late.

"Sir, are you okay?"
The driver asks in a worried look after viewing Neal from the rear mirror.

"Can you drive a little faster? Am kinda late."
Neal pleads.

"We are at the optimum speed limit sir am afraid i can't increase further than this."

Neal just crossed his fingers as he went through a novel hoping it calms his nerves down.

Once he was at the entrance, he saw Mr Lockwood coming to his direction. He wore a genuine smile.
"Someone lost tract of time, huh?"

"Overslept. Have they started yet?"

"Not yet. Just some few instructions and guidelines brief talk."

At ease, Neal relaxed letting out a deep relief. Fate does has ways of favouring a poor soul.

The event was officially opened and the contest began. It tool like five hours in two papers that were on first stage of the contest and the event was closed at around four in the evening.

Mr Lockwood offered to give Neal a ride back which Neal hugely appreciated.
Once he was in his place, he lazily removed his coat and shoes and threw himself on the couch and soon nap overcame him.

A knock startled him back from slumber.
"Yo bro, you okay?"
Tyler greets once he got inside.

"Shitty as you can see. Just tired."
Neal responds while rubbing his eyes heading to take a shower.

"I take it you had a productive day." Tyler chuckles while opening a can of monster drink from the fridge.

After a brief bath, Neal wore a sweatpant and a t-shirt. He found Tyler leaning by the wall chatting with a sunny bright smile sparkling on his face.
"Someone is in a joyful mode."

"She is so fucking gorgeous man. Dirty enough that am just ever turned on by the thought of her."
Tyler utters while still focused on his phone.

"Falling in love. Told you you would."
Neal smirks.

"In-love your arse nigga. Its just sex. Sex."
Tyler defends.

"Yeah."
Neal wore a devilish smirk.

"Here." Tyler places a poster on the sofa's arm to where Neal was seated.
"Affirm."
He adds.

Neal takes the poster and reads it through.
Joston Black concert at Ace Hall at 9pm.

"Whoa! Legendary. Who would miss this?"
Neal says excitedly.

"Wow! That was fast."

"He writes dope hip hop lyrics more like tupac. Come on, golden opportunity."
Neal explains still in a gay mood.

"Just one more thing then, make sure you get laid before its dawn. Don't be a disgrace to his Excellence Joston."
Tyler winks before closing the door behind him.

××××××××××

"So how was it?"
Janice asks in a smirk.

"How was what?" Ruby pretendingly asks knowing well enough what Janice is asking about.

"Really? Don't make me say it."
Janice winks at her.

"You're too pointy. Am sure you can figure it out from that brainy gift you have."
Ruby rolls her eyes while taking a book from the library shelf.

"Help me with your phone."
Ruby requests.

Janice moves her left hand to her back jeans pocket and handed the to her. Ruby is like a sister not biologically but at heart so it wasn't a big deal and she didn't bother to ask why she requested for it.

Ruby immediately moved to the TShare app and connected it with her phone. She moved to the pictures and selected the selfies they took together and sent them to her phone.

A picture caught her attention.
Might be Janice's fuckboy. Hahah.
She smiled when clicking it.

Mmh, in a vest. In the garden. At night. Wow! What have you been upto Janice?

She continued to scroll to similar pictures and halted to one. She immediately froze. Froze out from the shock laid before her.

Several thoughts ran in her mind. She wants to utter at least one word but her numbness couldn't allow her.

Keith kissed another girl.
What hurted her deeply is that her best friend knew about it and had proof but still kept silent about it.
The fact that she allowed her to meet him and make out with him keeping in mind that she was making a fool of herself.

Janice taps her by the shoulder after realising she had stood for a while and they had to go do research.
"Hey are you okay?"

Ruby looked up and stared at Janice blankly as hot tears dropped down on her cheeks.
Suddenly she felt it too much to hold it in so she shouted at her.
"What the hell? You knew about it and didn't tell me? Want kind of a friend are you, huh?"

Shocked Janice panicked and whispered to her.
"Can you lower your voice. What's up?"
She managed to take the phone from her and she saw the picture.

"Fuck you Janice."
Ruby ran out of the library.

All eyes were on Janice. She hesitated before following her behind. Once out of the library, she tried to look around but she couldn't locate Ruby.

"What have i done."
She covered her face in regret.

She scrolled to the dialer and called Ruby. It went straight to voicemail.
"Shit."
She cursed.

She called Laura and it ran severally but it wasn't picked up. With a load of tonnes weighing her heart down right now she just went to the park hoping to cool off so that she can think straight.

She sat on bench. No one was around so she just let it out in a stream of tears of shame and regrets. Hoping she could just turn time around and fix it all. In high hopes the ground would just open wide and swallow her alive so she can cease this burning feeling crashing her inside out. Praying she can just be invincible just to stop the voices in her head.

She sat there for four hours before deciding to drink herself out so she recollected herself and followed the loud music that was being played.

A party probably.

Once she reached to the Ace hall where the concert was held, she went to where drinks were served and ordered several torts of the hard drink available.
Mercilessly she gulped them down to an empty stomach.
All this will sink.

wynnemsorh