|25|

She drew back from the kiss and looked him straight in the eye.
What she did next shocked him.

She kissed him back. More passionately like she's been waiting for this all her life.
He held her waist and drew her so close that there were no inches left between them. She ran her fingers on his soft hair in arousal.

They finally broke out from the embrace.
"Wow! You sure are hell of an angel kisser."

"So is you nerd. You want to us leave?"
She asked hoping he ain't a prude.

"This is your friend's birthday, you sure you want to leave?"
He worriedly asked since he felt it not his place to make her chose between him and her best friend.

"Well not until we eat the cake I personally decorated."
She chuckled as she placed a peck on his cheek.
"I'll see you once the cake section of the party is over. Don't wolf out on this bitches." With that she picked her drink and left.

He wasn't sure the feeling he had but it sure felt awesome.
She likes me too. That did not happen to what I expected. Don't wolf out on this bitches? Bossy much already. Fuck fuck she doesn't care I befriended her in silence in her inbox. Should I scream or what?

Neal couldn't hold in the emotions he held in so he screamed while jumping up and down, "Fuck yeah"
It wasn't that loud so no one heard him from the loud music.

She ran off to where Keith was and shouted on his ear since he could not hear her from the noise.
"I think it's time for the cake." He nodded in agreement.

He went by the DJ and talked to him. The DJ hyped up the party-goers on the cake cutting section.
Ruby was called to the middle where the 5kg black forest cake was.

She stood by the biggest cake she's ever seen. Took pictures and random selfies with the group of people near her.

"Ruby you've been the best gift I ever got and for that and many more you deserve all the happiness. Happy birthday love. Let's join in singing for the birthday princess of the day."
Keith spoke through the microphone and winked at the DJ to hit the beats.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Ruby!"
Everyone joined in singing. Who doesn't like eating cakes? Laura took the video on Ruby cutting the cake.

Once she finished cutting she gave pieces to her best boyfriend ever, Keith followed by her girlfriends and the party organizers. The rest Janice, Laura and volunteers helped in distributing the cakes to everyone.

Janice took some top cream and spread it on Ruby's face and everyone interested did the same.
A very joyful moment of laughter and happiness.

After an hour, Janice came to where Neal was seated and sat next to him.
"You seem bored."

"No am not. Was waiting for you."

"Here. A gift of being an organizer."
She hands him a box of a piece of cake.

"Thank you. Shall we?"
He referred to they leave. He had already called a cab that was waiting for them outside.

"Yes."
She intertwined her arm onto his and they walked outside.

"That's the cab. Let me help you."
He took her shopping bag which he thought had her personal items and held her by her back into the car.

They kept secretly staring at each other during the 20 minutes drive. They caught each other and just shared a smile.
She was nervous. She was into him but she couldn't admit it since it was not what she wanted to happen between them. Yet he was a nice guy, gentleman and he opened up a secret to her. Maybe it was pity or she just was too stubborn to accept they have a spark.

He kept thinking on how gorgeous she was. He had never seen her in a dress: Sexy dress so it was a bomber.
The magical kiss they had kept popping up in his head and he all he could think is for them to be alone and just maybe kiss again. He knew he looked like a prude type of a person since it's been years since he engaged with a woman but his member kept disagreeing.

What if I scare her? I have tried to keep the demons I hold in but here she is trying to awake them. Stop overthinking Neal. Oh my God, she's so beautiful.

"Thank you. Here."
He hands the cash to the driver.

"Have a lovely evening both of you." The driver exclaims and winked at Neal before leaving. He sure did notice the tension desires when they were at the back of the car.

As they were at the stairs, he stared at her and noticed she was awfuly quite.
"Is something bothering you? Oh am sorry, did you rather want to spend at your place?" He nervously spoke.

"Let's just get into the house."
She rolled her hair at the back of her head from her face.

Once inside, he kept the luggages on the table and went to were she sat the couch.
"Did I offend you by asking you to leave with me? What's wrong."

"I don't know how to say this."
She kept tapping her feet nervously looking at him.

"Please take your time." He held her palm and started caressing them gently.

"You're different." She paused for a while and continued. "My ex boyfriend."
A few tears fell on her pink blushed cheeks.

"Hey it's okay. You don't have to explain to me."
He wiped the tears and rubbed her cheeks hoping to calm her up.

"No I have to tell you. He was a nice guy when we first knew each other, he was so loving and a gentleman. But as we deep knew each other, he started revealing his true colors. He was a playboy. He used me. He keeps on nagging me like the time I almost drowned and you," she took an exhale and continued while sobbing "saved me."

For some reasons he felt angered by what she told him. The guy her ex boyfriend who almost killed her by the pool.

"Am sorry. I've got you."
He drew her for a hug as she had an emotional breakdown. He caressed her hair and back trying to be as supportive as he can.

I was once that guy. Who used a woman and learnt a lesson. Maybe this is fate trying to make me mend for my past mistake.
He thought to himself and embraced her tighter.

wynnemsorh❤️