Home sweet home.

•KANDICE•

Sometimes I can't believe that there was a time in my life I didn't know Dom. He's such a rock in my life and I'm not quite sure what I'd ever do without him anymore. For the past year, he's been there through the good and the bad. Even when he wasn't physically there, it felt like he was always with me.

Today marks exactly two months since we got married, and we were just now getting started on a life on our own. We stayed with Dominic's parents for the first month and a half of our marriage (after two weeks of honeymooning in Paris). But we finally have our own place, and we're starting to move things in.

"Do you think that bookcase should be moved a little? I feel like it's off center." I said, taking a few steps back to get a better look. "I think it is."

"I don't know. I think it looks fine, love." Dominic said, not even looking away from what he was doing.

"How would you know if you aren't looking at it?" I asked.

"How do you know I'm not looking at it, if you're looking at it?" Dominic asked.

"Because I know you're looking through one of the boxes and you get preoccupied pretty easily." I said and he snorted a bit.

"I guess you're right. I'll be over there in just a second." Dominic said.

I turned to look at him for a second and rolled my eyes a bit. He was definitely still paying more attention to what he was doing. I didn't mind though. It was nice watching him so focused for once.

"Dom." I said softly.

"Yeah?"

"I have a question." I said and he looked up from his notebook.

"What is it?" He scooter his notebook aside so he could give me his full attention.

"Do you ever want to have kids?" I asked. "I'm just curious."

"Why? Are you pregnant?" He said and I laughed a bit before taking a seat next to him.

"No, no. I'm not pregnant. I just wanted to know what you would think if I ever did get pregnant." I said and propped my legs up on his lap, out of habit. "Like, would you want kids? Would you be happy about it? Or would you be unhappy about it, like.. I don't know. Just. Would you be okay with having kids?"

"I think," He paused for a moment, trying to think of the exact words he wanted to say. "I think that if it happens, I don't mind. If it doesn't, I don't mind that either."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Whatever happens, happens. That's the way I look at it." He said with a slight shrug. "The only thing I'd have to say about it is good luck to us if the child is anything like me."

I giggled a bit and rolled my eyes. "I think it would all be okay."

"Have you even seen how hyper I am?" Dom said. "Imagine that multiplied by like ten. That's how I was as a kid, and it's probably how it would be if we ever had a kid."

"Well. I guess you're right. But, we'll figure it out." I said.

"Yeah, we can figure it out together."

"Do you think we'd be good parents?" I asked.

"I don't know. I'd like to think we would be. But, that kind of thing is unpredictable." He said. "I know that we would try our hardest. And, I'm just gonna be honest here, we'd probably call my mum twenty times a day for the first few months because we'd be so lost as to what to do about a screaming baby."

I laughed a bit. "No, I think you'd be the one calling your mom twenty times a day. I'd be trying to tell you to leave her alone."

"That's also true." He said.

There was a long silence before he finally spoke back up. "You really want a baby, don't you?"

"I don't know. I guess so." I said.

"I think you wouldn't be asking all these questions if you didn't." He said.

"I'm really not sure. I was just thinking."

"Whatever you say, love." He said. "Still want me to look and see about the bookcase?"

"Nah, it'll be fine."