Smile.

•KANDICE•

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as Dominic led me over to a car.

"You'll see." He said and I raised my eyebrow a little. "We're going to stop by your place first, though."

"Um, okay." I said and slowly got into the car. "Why?"

"You're gonna need to pack some stuff." Dominic said and I glanced at him as I buckled my seatbelt.

"What for? Where are you taking me?" I said and he stayed silent for a moment as he looked over at me.

"You'll see. Just trust me." He said and kept looking at me as he started he car. "Do you trust me?"

I slowly nodded my head a little. "Yeah, I trust you." I said and he smiled a bit.

"Good."

The car ride to my apartment was actually quite refreshing. Dominic and I chatted about anything and everything the whole way there. We had genuine conversations-- something that we never had any trouble doing. Somehow it was always so easy to talk to each other, even when we had just met and knew nothing about each other. The only time we had any trouble communicating was when I practically shut everyone out of my life for a little while. But, I had missed that. I missed having random little chats with Dominic. I finally had that back.

"Our flight leaves in an hour. Hurry, hurry, hurry." Dominic said as I rummaged through my closet.

"I don't even know what to pack. If I knew where we were going, I'd know what kind of weather to pack for." I said, turning to face Dominic.

"I'll tell you this much," Dominic said, leaning back against the wall. "Pack for cold weather."

"Got it," I said and grabbed a few things from my closet before tossing it at Dominic to put in my bag for me. "Can you take care of that? I need to get a few things from my bathroom."

"Yeah, sure."

"You know what I just realized?" I said as I walked back into my room with a few things in my hands.

"What?" Dominic asked and looked at me as I put the rest of the stuff in my bag.

"I'm always the one hopping on a plane for you." I said and snickered a little.

"Hey, that's not true." Dominic said and pushed some of my hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, it is." I said and he shook his head some.

"I beg to differ. I got on a plane to come here, did I not?" He said and I grinned a bit.

"Good point." I said and zipped up my bag. "You did get on a plane for me. And I'm grateful for that."

"And you're going to be glad that you're getting on this plane with me this time, just trust me." Dominic said and I shrugged a little.

"You better be right, Harrison." I said and he raised his eyebrow a little.

"That makes it sound like my name is Harrison." Dominic said.

"That's what you get for having a first name as your last name." I said and he laughed a bit.

"It's not my fault. I didn't name myself. Blame my mum."

"Hey, now it's not your mom's fault either. Your last name came from your father." I said and he nodded a bit.

"You're right. It did come from my dad." He said. "Now, come on, we've got to get to the airport."

"Okay, okay, I'm coming." I laughed a bit as he grabbed my hand and led me outside and back to the car.

It had been a while since I smiled this much-- genuinely smiled. Or even laughed. I was finally feeling happy again, and it was all thanks to Dominic. Sure, we met on weird terms, but I think that he and I were truly made for each other. Fate just had a weird way of bringing us together. No matter what, I was glad that I had him.

As we sat in our seats on the plane, I took in a deep breath and looked over at Dominic. I always hated plane rides, even though I had only been on a plane twice-- the first time was when I went with Dominic to his home, and the second time was when I came back for my mom.

"You okay?" Dominic said softly and I shook my head a bit.

"No. I'm freaking out." I said and he chuckled a bit.

"No reason to freak out, love." He said and took my hand in his. "I've got you."

For some reason, that was the most calming thing to me. All it took was a touch of the hand.

I wasn't aware that I had fallen asleep until Dominic whispered my name to wake me up.

"Kandice," Dominic whispered once more. "We're here."

I opened my eyes and looked around for a bit. "I'm tired." I mumbled.

"I know. But we need to get off the plane, okay?" He said and I nodded some before following him off the plane.

Later on, I realized that we were back in London. I asked him what we were doing there, but he wouldn't give me an actual answer. He just kept saying "I'll tell you later", or "you'll see". He was obviously up to something. I'm just not sure what it was.