Just hold on.

•DOMINIC•

Kandice and I tried for a year before she finally got pregnant.

It was a year filled with negative pregnancy tests, two false positives, and one true positive that ended badly.

The day she told me she was pregnant that first time was one of the happiest days of our lives. Everything was going great until one night, she woke me up at three in the morning, crying. She told me that she was bleeding, and she was scared and that I needed to take her to the hospital, because it could've been the baby.

I rushed her to the hospital and we had to wait in the waiting room for what seemed like forever before the doctor finally called us back two and a half hours later. He checked everything out, and then we got the bad news. She lost the baby. But, we were told that there was also good news. It was twins and she had only lost one, is what the doctor told us.

We were crushed, but we were still hopeful for the other baby. Until two weeks later, she lost that one too.

It took us months to heal from that, to get over it. And I'm not even sure we really fully got over it. Does anyone really get over death? I really don't think so.

Kandice always blamed herself for it. She thought she stressed too much or that she didn't eat enough, or that maybe she just wasn't good enough. Really, it wasn't her fault. It kind of just happened.

That was a year and a half ago, though. And believe it or not, things finally worked in our favor. We have a beautiful, healthy baby girl now. She was born yesterday and we named her Amari, which means miracle. And, to us, she is our little miracle. We went through hell to get her, but, in the end, it was worth it.

I can't stop staring at her. She's such a precious little baby.

I never really thought I'd say this, but, I'm really excited to be a father. I just hope I can be a good one. That's the thing that scares me the the most- whether or not I'd be a good parent. But, I think together me and Kandice can handle it. We really make a good team. We always have.

It's just hard to believe that this whole thing started with me being a dumbass that wanted a fake fiancé. What kind of dumb hallmark movie bullshit is that?

I'm grateful for that moment, though. Because, if I had never asked her to be my fake fiancé, I would've never met her. I wouldn't have fallen in love with her. I wouldn't have married her, or had a great life with her. I wouldn't have this little family that I have today if I hadn't gone up to that beautiful brunette and said; "Hey, you! I need a favor."

I guess the lesson we can all take away from this is: always go with your gut. Always do dumb stuff... because something great might just come out of it.