Fallin' for you.

•KANDICE•

"Mrs. Harrison, is this... is this your wedding dress?" I questioned and she smiled a bit as she held it out towards me.

"It is. I think it would look lovely on you, dear."

I paused for a moment, unsure of what to say. Dominic's mother wanted me to try on her wedding dress. Which, was one of the most beautiful dresses I had ever seen.

"I don't think I could do that. I-"

"If you don't like it, you can tell me. You don't have to try it on. I just thought maybe you'd like having it as an option." Dominic's mom said and I shook my head a little.

"No, it's just that.. that's such a beautiful dress. I wouldn't want to ruin it." I said, messing with my fingers a little.

"You wouldn't ruin it, love. Don't you worry."

I took in a deep breath and held my hands out. "I don't guess it would hurt anything to try it on." I said with a small smile.

"Oh, wonderful! Do you think you'll need help?"

"It's a wedding dress," I said as I started to undress. "I'm pretty sure I will need help. Wedding dresses tend to be difficult to put on."

"I'm guessing you've tried some on already?" She asked and I shook my head a little.

"No, not yet." I said, pulling my hair into a ponytail real quick. "I just know that it can be tedious."

"Ah, I see." Dominic's mom said as she helped me into the dress.

"Yeah, my mom owned a bridal shop for a while." I said and looked down at the floor for a moment. "I went there everyday after school when I was in middle school. My mom made a lot of the dresses, and even sometimes altered old ones to make them new, whenever a bride wanted to wear their mother's dress but have it look more modern. It was amazing."

"Oh, really?" Mrs. Harrison said as she zipped up the dress.

"Mhm. I always thought that she could do just about anything. It's funny how fast things can change." I said and she raised her eyebrow a little.

"Why do you say that?" She asked.

"Oh, um, my dad died when I was 15. My mom continued to work for a few years after he died, but, she eventually got tired of it. She got tired of doing anything, actually. Now she just sits on our couch all the time. It's sad, really." I admitted.

"I'm sorry to hear that." She said and I shrugged a little.

"Thanks." I muttered. That's all I ever knew to say when somebody said something like that.

"Do you think maybe she'd actually feel like going to the wedding?" She asked.

Oh my god. The wedding. Mom doesn't even know I'm fake-engaged to someone. I should've told her. Or I could tell her that I actually am engaged. I wonder how she would react if I did that. Would she come to my wedding if I actually did get married? Or would she just stay at home on the couch like she always does?

"I don't know." I said almost a little too quietly.

"Well, I hope she does. I'm sure it would mean a lot to you if your mum came to your wedding."

"You're right. It actually would mean a lot." I said and faked a smile.

"Turn around and look in the mirror, dear. You look absolutely stunning." She said, motioning for me to turn around.

I smiled just a bit and turned to look in the mirror, gasping a little when I saw my reflection. "Wow." I whispered.

"You truly do look lovely." She said and I smiled a bit.

I took in a breath fidgeted a little. How long were we gonna keep this going? How far were we willing to go to make this seem real to Dominic's parents? What would happen if we got caught in this lie? I was starting to freak out a little.

"Kandice.." I heard someone say and I turned my head to look at the door, which was now open. Dominic was standing there, and he was staring, in awe.

"Um. Hi." I said awkwardly and reached for a blanket off the bed. "Not supposed to see the bride's dress before the wedding. Bad luck."

"I thought it was that I wasn't supposed to see the bride right before the wedding. Since when was it about the dress?" Dominic said and I rolled my eyes a little.

"Still, you're not supposed to see the dress." I said and he chuckled a little as he watched me try to cover up the dress with the blanket I had grabbed.

"I didn't even know you were trying that on, anyway. Wasn't that my mum's?" He asked and I turned to look over my shoulder at his mom, but she had obviously left the room.

"Yeah, it was hers. She insisted I try it on." I said and he let out a slight laugh.

"I'm sure she did. You look pretty." He said and I shrugged a little. "No need to keep hiding the dress, K. We're not actually getting married." He whispered after making sure no one was around to hear him.

"You keep calling me 'K'. Why's that?" I said and he shrugged a little.

"I don't know. It just feels right, I guess." He responded.

I snickered a bit and set the blanket down. Dominic turned to walk out of the room.

"Hey, Dom?" I said, making him stop and turn back around.

"Yeah?" Dominic responded.

"I want to go to Park Hill." I said and he raised his eyebrow a little.

"Park Hill?" He said and I nodded my head. "Why?"

"Because I want to see where we fell in love." I said and he seemed to not understand for a moment, but then he remembered that he had said that was where we met.

"Kandice, we met there." Dominic said and I nodded my head a little.

"Yeah, and fell in love too, right?" I said and he smiled a bit. 

"Yeah. Yeah, that's also where we fell in love." Dominic said. "I'll leave the room so you can change and then we can go, okay?"

"That sounds great." I said and watched him leave the room.

It felt weird saying that Park Hill was where we met, and that it was where we fell in love, considering that we actually met at a cafe, and we weren't even in love. But, that was a part of the deal. We lied a lot to his parents. I just hope they won't be mad at us if they ever find out.

"Oh, and Kandice?" Dominic said, leaning against the door.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Thank you." He said and I raised my eyebrow a little.

"For what?" I asked.

"Going along with my stupid lies. I'm sure you probably have someone at home that you'd rather be with and-"

"Dominic, I wouldn't have gotten on a plane with some maniac who was pretending to be my fiancé, if I already had someone. I had nothing better to do. I don't mind going along with all this as long as it doesn't go too far." I said and he let out a nervous laugh.

"About that.." Dominic said and I sighed a little.

"What now?" I said.

"What if we actually did get married?" He said.

"What?!" I said, slinging the door open.

"I just.. y'know.. could we actually get married?" He said and I raised my eyebrow a little.

"Um..."