7. slashing tires

i stumbled through the doors of the mall, tears dripping down my face as tyler called out after me.

i didn't want to stop- couldn't stop- as the pressure built up in my throat. i felt like screaming and throwing an entire stack of books at aaron's head.

but i knew the slap i'd granted his right cheek with made due.

for now, at least.

my hand stung from the hit, and i cradled it close to my chest as i continued fleeing from the scene. i knew tyler just wanted to help, and i eventually would let him, but i needed to get out of the building first.

through the blur of tears in my eyes, i found my way to tyler's car and stopped at the passenger door.

tyler caught up with me and i let him embrace me in a tight hug. he swayed us back and forth, rubbing circles into my back as i sobbed into his shoulder.

"fuck," i wiped a hand across my face, ridding it of the tears. "fuck, this is stupid. i don't even want to fucking cry over that bastard. fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!"

i pulled back from tyler, stomping my left foot like a child. "i just want to go back and rip his fucking face off. and hers, too! can you fucking believe that i was the side chick! and she knew about it! and was okay with it! who the fuck- what the fuck- fuck!"

i tugged at the hem of my shirt and took a deep breath. "okay, this is what's gonna happen."

tyler was stunned, obviously having no idea what to say in response to my bipolar attitude. "w-what's gonna happen?"

i sniffled and titled my head back so the tears wouldn't keep welling up in my eyes. "fuck, okay, i read somewhere that if you slash three tires, not all four, insurance won't pay for it. so do you still have your pocket knife in the glove compartment?"

"oh, hell yes!"