70. grandma wedding dresses

"how about this one?" tyler held up a wedding dress, pulling slightly at its lacey material to show it to me.

i shrugged and leaned against a rack, "i don't know."

tyler groaned in response, tossing it back in its place. "you're so bad at making decisions."

"i know," i replied. i straightened back up and flipped through the wedding dresses i had been leaning on. "i just want it to be the perfect wedding, ya know? and for that to happen, i need to have the perfect wedding dress. and none of these are even w- holy shit!"

tyler twisted around from where he had been looking, "what?"

i gently pulled the dress from the rack, gasping somewhat as it showed its complete form. "this is it."

tyler stood behind me, reaching around me to tug it open. "oh, my god."

katie and lucy, who had been circling the store for he third time, made their way back to us in that instance. "we can't find anything," lucy crosses her arms, unaware of the dress in my hands.

"we did." i whispered.

katie, having not heard me, added, "this place only has grandma wedding dresses. i mean, i don't want you going looking like you're getting ready to be married for the fifth time."

"we did." i said it louder, thankfully gaining their attention this time. katie and lucy leaned on either side of tyler and i, gasping in response to the dress.

"it's gorgeous," katie cupped a hand over her mouth, her words sounding distant in my ear.

i nodded, stepping away from them and towards my dressing room. "i think this could be it."

"really?" lucy clasped her hands together in delight. "oh! that's so exciting!"

"i know." i gushed, handing the dress off to woman helping me. i turned back around to my friends, as the lady closed the curtain.

i stripped from my street clothing, kicking it away from where i was standing to allow for more room. the woman, whose name i had still yet to learn, pooled the dress around my legs, allowing me to slip into it. she pulled easily at the zipper, and helped me spin around to face a mirror. i gasped in response, my fingers gingerly touching the material which sputtered around around my hips.

"oh, lord, this is it. this is the one." i jumped around to face the lady, grabbing her hands excitedly.

she chuckled, squeezing my hand back, "i think you look very beautiful! do you want to see what your friends think?"

i glanced down at my watch, which joe had bought not too long after the engagement party when he started to notice how much i looked at his. "yeah. and my mom should be here by now, too."

"good!" she continued to clasp my hand, guiding me out of the dressing room and onto the stage.

i grinned widely at lucy, who was the only one paying attention to the stage. she reached around her back and slapped tyler and katie on the arms. "guys!"

they turned with grin expressions from her smack, but smiled in response to me. "oh, my gosh!" tyler squealed like a little girl, grabbing at lucy's arm.

"ouch!" she hissed, pushing him away from her. she laughed as he stumbled into a chair, yet he never moved his attention from me. "you look so amazing, donna."

"it's so pretty!" katie wriggled.

i swiped away a tear trailing down my chin and nodded. "i love it."

"we do, too, obviously," lucy laughed. "you gonna get it?"

"of course!" i turned around to face a mirror, my fingers doodling the tull of the full bodice. "is my mom here yet?"

lucy went to reply, but was cut off, "here i am! i'm so sorry i'm late! my uber didn't get to the hotel on time and- oh, gosh!"

my mother had rushed into the room, tearing off her jacket and purse, and messily planting them on the chair tyler had tripped over. when she saw me, she paused, pressing her hands to her chest, "you're going to be the prettiest bride!"