Prologue

(NOTES: If there is a * next to a word please look at the bottom for the meaning of the word)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep in the Shunan Bamboo Sea, there is a cave called Xianyu Cave. It was once known as the Pearl in Bamboo Forest. It was once used for both Taoism and Buddhism. It has long been abandoned. It is covered from top and bottom with bamboo. It has been untouched and unseen for hundreds of years. Making it a perfect place for a sweet little fox, such as AiLin, to live in.

AiLin is a Hulijing*, which is a fox spirit, and he wasn't too big on humans or the human world. He had been living in the bamboo forest all his life. He knew nothing else, but that forest. It was his home and he loved it there. AiLin loved running around the forest in his true white fox form and caused trouble wherever he could find it.

When he is in his human form, AiLin wears a white and light green Hanfu*. His hair is free flowing and long. It was a pure white color put half way up topknot held together by a light green silk ribbon that laid against his hair. He likes to sit at the top of the Rainbow Waterfall and watch the humans that walk down below. AiLin smiles as he watches them, though he is scared to go near them.

Nothing beats spending a day playing among the bamboo and roaming the forest, but there are some days while AiLin watched the humans he notices the couples and how cute they are together. AiLin had always been alone. He could never remember who his parents are or if there were any others out there like him. For as long as he could remember the Bamboo Forest was his home and it was all he knew.

He felt lonely some days. He did wonder once what it would be like to have someone. The more he thought about it, the more he wished for it. The more he wished for it, the more scared he became thinking it would never happen. The one rule that all Gods, Spirits or any immortal being had, other than letting the humans know about them, was that they were not allowed to fall in love with a human. This rule really didn't bother him as much.

AiLin didn't like humans and the reason was the fact that in his younger years, before he was able to take on a human form, AiLin had visited a village not far from the forest. When the humans saw him and found out what he was, they threw rocks at him and some even went as far as kicking him. Kids use to pick him up and toss him around. To him, all humans were cruel and mean. He had no place in his heart for them whatsoever.

One day as AiLin sat at the top of the falls, he happened to see three guys walking past the pool that the falls ran into. The one on the right was a bit younger than the other two. He had grayish hair and blue eyes. His build wasn't bad either. The one on the left had even stranger hair then the others. It was orange and black. His eyes were a green color as well. AiLin really didn't like the look of him. The one thing they both had different from the last one was their hair was short.

The last guy was the one that caught AiLin's attention the most. He was taller than the other two. His build was a bit bigger as well. His eyes were a soft, yet sweet light blue color. They almost matched the sky. His hair was shoulder length and pitch black. The way he carried himself gave him a sort of mean vibe. Yet, AiLin was drawn to him the moment he laid his eyes on him. For humans all three did not look too bad.

AiLin decided to follow behind them in his fox form. He was able to move about fast and jump around in the trees if need be. AiLin jumped from the top of the falls into the pool below, splashing the three with water. Lucky for AiLin he was immortal.

''Who was that'' The orange haired one said.

''Maybe it's just the animals of the forest playing around'' The grey haired one replied.