Chapter Sixteen

NOTES: FangHe (Pleasant-smelling Lotus flower) - also goes by Fang. Fang is a white leopard who is part of the leopard clan that follows the tiger clan. He is loyal to Su and plans to help him in getting Jing back. In doing so he ends up meeting AiLin in the bamboo forest. Fang wishes to make AiLin his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AiLin woke the next morning hurting. He grabbed his side where the leopard had clawed him. He slowly moved out of the bed and made his way to the bathroom. He looked in the mirror and pulled back the bandage that covered his side. When he saw the claw mark he winced at the pain of it.

''You need to clean it then cover it back up'' a voice said from the doorway.

It was Jing who had brought more bandages for him. AiLin smiled and nodded as he started to try and clean it but it hurt too much. Jing set the stuff down and helped him. Jing gave a soft sigh as he did. He felt bad for what happened to AiLin.

''I'm sorry, Ai. This shouldn't have happened at all'' Jing said softly without looking up at him.

''Jing you did nothing wrong. That guy hurt you first, so he had whatever it was coming to him'' AiLin said trying to hold back the pain ''Look, I may not remember anything about the God world before so I don't remember my family. You and Kong welcomed me, along with Li, so you are my family now and I will do what I need to make sure all of you are safe. Even if that means fighting off leopards and tigers.''

Jing laughed a bit and covered the wound ''If Li heard you say this he would be mad'' he said standing up and cleaning up the mess.

''Let him be mad. He should know by now that I'm not that easy to handle'' AiLin stood and grabbed his shirt pulling it on then looked over to the sleeping LiYun ''Come on Jing, I'll make us something to eat'' he said smiling.

''Let's go get some tea first. It's been awhile since we went out together'' Jing said walking down the hall with AiLin following behind who had agreed.

Jing and AiLin laughed and walked down the street to the tea house. AiLin stopped and pulled Jing behind him as he sniffed the air then growled. Jing held onto his arm and looked at him.

''What is, Ai?'' Jing asked in a whisper.

AiLin didn't say anything and pulled Jing into a nearby store where he hid Jing. AiLin looked out and watched as a tall guy walked past the store. AiLin growled low till he was gone. That damn tiger was back and AiLin wasn't going to let him near Jing. AiLin slowly stepped out looking around till he was gone then he softly pulled Jing down to the tea house.

Once they were inside AiLin looked around to make sure it was safe. They sat down towards the back so even if he looked in he wouldn't be able to see them. AiLin sat where he was able to see the door.

Jing reached out and touched AiLin's hand ''What is going on?'' he asked worriedly.

''That guy is here'' AiLin said, keeping watch ''Call Kong or Li and let them know that he may be on his way there.

Jing nodded and did just that. He called Kong and told him what AiLin said. When he hung up the phone he let a sigh out. He looked at AiLin whose eyes had started to glow brighter. Jing turned around and saw a leopard standing outside looking in at AiLin. AiLin stood and growled again.

Jing moved over to AiLin trying to calm him down ''Hey easy, he wouldn't dare come in here and cause trouble. It's against the rules'' he said, holding AiLin's arms.