Chapter Twenty

The Dragon Queen walked in and sat near AiLin's mother. Jing and Kong both sat there not saying a word as they watched her.

''So you knew what would happen and still was going to allow Li to stay with Ai?'' The Fox Queen said.

''As much as I don't want to lose my son, yes, but I also agree with Ai is doing as well'' The Dragon Queen said picking up her cup ''Li has left for the human world again.''

Jing and Kong looked at each other ''One of us should go keep an eye on him while the other stays with Ai'' Jing said.

Kong nodded ''I'll do it.'' He stood and kissed Jing on the cheek. Just as he was about to leave LiYun's mother spoke up.

''There is one thing you both need to know first'' she said. ''Once the Emperor starts the process of giving Ai his memories back, Li will since that he is in danger.'' She turns and looks at them ''The mark you give each other also links you. When one is in trouble the other feels it. That being the case you both will have to keep Li away till the Emperor is done.''

Both Kong and Jing nodded and Kong left. Jing stayed to help look after AiLin. Jing made his way back to AiLin's room to find him sitting near a window looking out. Jing walked over and sat with him not saying a word.

''You must keep everything from him no matter what happens'' AiLin said.

Jing nodded and looked at him ''Because of the mark, he will come once he knows something is wrong.''

''You and Kong must keep him away by all means'' AiLin looked at him ''You are the only one that will be able to keep him away from everything. Even Kong isn't strong enough.''

''Ok, Ai'' Jing said nodding again.

AiLin and Jing sat there not talking for a while. Jing helped AiLin lay back in bed, then left only to meet his mother outside the courtyard.

''How is he'' she asked

Jing turned and looked back ''He is hurting for what he did to Li. He says his heart feels as if it's breaking.'' He sighed and looked down ''This isn't the first time they been apart but...''

''Everything will be fine, Jing dear'' she said patting his back.

Jing nodded.

Kong was able to find LiYun in Chongqing at their normal hang and hotel. When he couldn't find him at the bar he went to the hotel and knocked on the door. LiYun opened the door and sighed when he saw Kong. He turned and walked to the window looking out.

''You're not hard to find, Li'' Kong said.

''I wasn't hiding'' LiYun said, not looking at him.

Kong flopped down on the couch stretching his arm over the back ''Your mother is worried and so is Jing.''

LiYun turned and looked at him a bit ''Is that is?''

''Well I am too that's why I'm here'' Kong said laughing a bit.

LiYun growled and huffed, turning away. Kong stopped because he knew who else he meant. Kong didn't dare say anything about AiLin.

''How is he'' LiYun said softly then took a drink from his glass.

Kong looked away and sighed. LiYun turned and looked at him then laughed, shaking his head.

''So, I'm not even allowed to know anything about how he is doing'' he asked.

''I'm not here to report to you about Ai nor when I go back am I there to report back about you'' Kong said getting up walking over to the bar ''Ai made it clear it's over between you two.'' He sat there and thought about it for a moment then looked at LiYun ''In fact, he wants to remove the marks you both have.''