Chapter 42: Orenji Festival Part 02.

Narrator: Daiki sat down at the table, and placed the present down, after sitting down. Yuri: Who was at the door? Daiki: Just the son of a friend of mine. He's running a restaurant in the village. Yuri: We should go there for dinner.

Daiki: We will after the festival. Hanako: So, what's in the box? Daiki: Oh right, he sent it for you, so I assume you should open it. Narrator: After Daiki gave the box to his daughter, she opened it, and saw it was a golden scepter with an Orenji fruit at the end of it. Daiki: Ah, the traditional Orenji Princess Scepter. You can't be a princess without this. Now Young one, once were at the festival, just be as humble as you can be.

Hanako: I will, Father. I just hope I don't make a fool of myself. Yuri: You won't, Hanako. I was the Orenji Princess during the first festival when I was young, and I did alright. I'm sure you will too. Daiki: Indeed, now finish breakfast, Young one. We'll be leaving to see the village elder afterwards. So, I want you to be on your best behavior, once we talk with him. Hanako: Yes, Father.

~

The Ball Ain't Moving Lads, Oh. We'll Be Right Back. Bloody Hell.

-

Oh, We're Back Now Mates. That Pyro Is A Spy. Oh God, No He Isn't.

~

Narrator: After breakfast, Daiki lead his daughter into Itsuki Village, where  thousands of orange and blue banners were being put up. Once the two arrived at village hall, they entered where the elder was having tea with Chikako. Chikao: Ah, Daiki-San, konnichiwa. I must thank you for training my niece in the art of shooting off a Tanegashima. Daiki: It was the least I can do, elder Chikao. Chikao: Please have a seat. Narrator: Daiki, and Hanako sat down at the table to talk with the village elder.

Chikao: So, what brings you to my home? Daiki: We just came to talk to you about the Orenji Festival. As you can see, my daughter will be participating as the Orenji Princess. Chikako: Congratulations Hanako-Chan. Hanako: Arigato. Chikao: Well as you know, the festival will take place soon. We just need our princess to get herself ready. Chikako, go take her into the changing room. Chikako: Yes, Uncle. Come on, Hanako. You can't look like an Orenji Princess in that get up. Narrator: Chikako got Hanako out of her pillow, and took her into the bathroom. Chikao: So, what made the villagers choose her, as the Orenji Princess? I must know.

Daiki: Well, despite being a teenager, she is more obedient than the other children in Japan. And she is kind to everyone, so that's why. And it's also her birthday, so I did it for a present to her. Chikao: But Daiki-San, she has panophobia. She can hardly survive, looking at her own shadow. Daiki: Well thanks to a little samurai training from me, I taught her to face her fears. She is however shy when she meets strangers, but besides from that, she is no longer scared of heights, water, fire, thunder, or cold weather. Chikao: Very well then. We shall participate with the festival then.

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.