43.

It was day two for the business summit. As boring as it was, I focused on every word that was being said. We did four hours in the morning with a couple hours break before another four hours.

I left the function room, heading to the hotels restaurant for lunch, the place filled with people.

I could hear the loud chatting and kids crying, making my headache slightly worse.

My phone went off and I saw a message from Rachael and sighed as I read it.

Hey baby. Miss you.

Yeah. Rachael is slightly clingy and it was only the eighth message today.

"Vincent! Sit down!" I heard someone scold at someone else.

Lunch came and I ate alone, something I had gotten use to again.

I saw a tall male walk past me, holding a crying toddler. He is probably overwhelmed. I feel that way right now.

I left the restaurant and went for a walk, finally answering to Rachaels text, apologising that I was busy.

Rachael is a daddy's girl. Her income is from him and she doesn't exactly work. She helps in the family business, but that's it. She spends alot of her free time shopping and with friends.

It doesn't bother me at all because that means less time with me. We had known each other for four months before we split ways, the first time. That was her idea and that's when all the little things that she did started to annoy me.

I went outside and walked around the courtyard, taking up the fresh air. Everything was well maintained and I followed a bath to a garden area. It was somewhere private and discreet.

"Well, out of all the places on this Earth, here you are."

I frowned at that and turned to the voice. A tall female, dark brunette stood, her arms crossed and a frown on her face.

Oh. "Hello, Hope." I replied.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me, not moving.

"I don't think that's any of your business." I growled at her which made her come closer as she looked around.

"Well, it better not be for a wedding. Stay away." She pointed at me before turning around and stormed off.

A wedding? I'm not here for a wedding. I'm here because of business and I decided to stay for the summit, otherwise I would have left days ago.

I headed towards the elevator, thinking of what Hope said. Obviously she is here for a wedding.

It could be anyone, I thought to myself.

I walked past the restaurant, seeing it now partially empty. How long did I walk for?

I went to the elevator and waited for it and once the doors opened, I stepped in, pressing the button for my floor.

I waited patiently, hands in pockets as the elevator went up.

The doors opened on my floor and I stepped out, card in hand, ready to unlock my door when the other penthouse door opened.

"Yeah, I'll go get Macy. It's alright, I'll do it." I heard the sarcasm in his voice as he closed the door and turned.

We both froze.

"Oh shit." He sighed out. "Roman."

Oh shit? You could say that. "Dean." I replied to his greeting.

We were both quiet for several long seconds, I was near my door, he was against his.

"Oh! Wait!" I heard someone yell and the door flew open and a light brunette stepped out.