59.

Grace's POV

The whole thing is a mess. My heart was hammering and I couldn't breathe properly.

I stepped inside the tall building, heading to the elevator.

After the arguing over the weekend with Roman, we had decided to meet at his office, holding a press conference.

I stepped out off the elevator and went to Katies desk.

"Hi, Katie." I smiled.

Katie looked up at me over her glasses. "Hello, Miss, Grace." She smiled back at me. "Mr Parker is waiting for you."

I thanked Katie and went to the large doors, seeing the gold plaque on it.

With my hand on the handle, I took a deep breathe and opened the door, stepping in. I pulled down the black dress as I stepped to Roman's desk.

Roman looked up at me and gave me a weak smile.

I sat down and fiddled with my sleeves on my bright yellow jacket. "Okay. So we will just go in there and tell them the truth?" I asked Roman. "You haven't even questioned me about being the father, despite all these claims."

Roman's eyes went dark as he stood up and walked over to me, leaning on the desk in front off me.

"This is what I believe." He told me calmly. "I believe you wouldn't deceive me. I believe what you tell me and I have no doubts in my mind whatsoever about this baby's parentage."

I felt the tears spring forward and blinked profusely, looking away. I couldn't believe some people and their callous lies.

I sniffed a little, wiping anything that escaped my eyes as I nodded. "Okay, let's do this. Get this over and done with." I murmured, getting up.

I hated the fact we were distant again. Every time something nice or good happens, something else ruins it. To be more specific, Roman's phsyco ex.

We went to the elevator and Katie followed as we went down a couple floors to a meeting room where the press conference was being held.

"Are you sure, Mr Parker?" Katie asked nervously.

"Yes. I have Jarrod downstairs waiting."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Who is Jarrod?" We kept our distance with Katie between us.

"My new PR. He after this moment will be handling all the media. Plus Lucille." He told me calmly as he played with his tie. These things made Roman nervous and I knew that. I stepped in front of him and fixed his tie.

"Lucille is...?" I egged on, wanting to know more.

"Your PR." He said flatly. I know Roman hates being in the media and he hates it more when I do it.

"Mine? Then can't they deal with this?" I asked him as I stepped away, facing the doors again.

Roman didn't answer me. Instead the doors opened and Katie got out first then Roman did with me. We walked to the door that Katie led us to and she opened it.

I felt Roman's hand on my back as I rested one of mine on my stomach. It was getting big now.

Katie walked in to the room and Roman stopped me from going any further. "Hold on." He said as he turned to me. "Let me talk." He insisted as I rubbed my stomach.

I grimaced as I felt a strong kick.

"Are you okay?" I saw the concern on his face and nodded.

"Yeah, just the baby kicking." I answered and I felt another set of hands on my stomach. I was startled because Roman hasn't done this before.