Chapter 2: Barnabas's Story

Recap:
"you are not to speak of the monster I am and are now not leave this place ever! Now that you know my dark secret.." I started to make a chocking noise and his face softened and he dropped me, "I'm so sorry my dear". What the heck? Is he bipolar or something? I took in large amounts of air even though it might not be good for me to breath in the toxic air, that I shared with Barnabas Collins...
***

It's been a week, since I've been caught and locked up here. I feel as though I am trapped and never to escape. Barnabas constantly stares at me when ever, I leave my room to get something to eat or just to roam around more. Since, I don't have my things I've been wearing old cloths that people wore in the 70's.

I'm currently in the library reading some old book that was about a romance between 2 people of different status and they could never be due to that but they constantly meet to bask in there love for each other. It was quiet interesting really and I could not put the book down.

Then the door open suddenly and Barnabas entered and looked at me surprised, that I was in here instead of my room. "Hello Barnabas" I said putting my book down, he came and sat down next to me and sat properly. He was wearing his ruffled shirt and waist coat with the usual ruby medallion. Then look at me from the corn of his eye and then looked at the book, I was reading. He smiles, " Ah your reading, Hearts of Love. A great love story written in 1882, famous for the truthiness of it". I sat up and smiles, " it is indeed a great story". Wait did I just speak like him? I swear he is already rubbing off on me.
"Barnabas can you tell me more about yourself, since I'll be here until I die" I giggled and smiled at him and he stiffened and nods, " yes your right, warning you I wasn't at my best during the time when, I was becoming a man". I nodded quickly, sat up and stared at him.

"When I was only a lad my father brought my family and I to the new land from Liver Pool, England. My father had moved our business to the new land and built CollinsPort, he decided to make roots here by building CollinsWood. It took 10 years to build my home and when it was finished it was the heart of the town. Soon my affair araised and out of all the women I could have played with I choose the witch. She killed my parents by crushing them with a large statue of a sea horse by making it fall on them using her evil witch magic. Soon I started studying dark magic and became obsessed with it. Then my one true love came and her name was Josette. She made me the happiest man alive then Angelique the witch found out and cursed her to jumped off of Widows Peak, I tried to stop her but she fell and I fell after her. I did not die but was turned into the monster I am, a vampire. She cursed me to become this monster of the night and soon she turned the village against me, they buried me in the ground for 196 years. Then I was released from my prison and found my love Vicky but soon, Angelique attacked us and so I killed her. But my love Vicky had already been possessed and by the time I got to Widows Peak she was at the edge just like Josette. She said she belonged in the light and I belonged in the darkness, then she fell back. I went after her but by the time I reached her she was already dead. I kept my self locked away after that and soon everyone one else in the house grew up and moved away, then you showed up. Now it is just me and you."

He looked so sad and I felt terrible to make him think of his past again, "I'm so sorry Barnabas, I shouldn't have asked...". He quickly looked at me and spoke softly, " it's alright dear, I wanted to tell you". I nodded and gave his hand a quick squeeze, " well Barnabas thank you, hopefully you will love again" he smiled a bit and turned fully to me, "Thank you Sierra". Then I left but soon heard,"I will soon..."

If a man can become a monster, then a monster can become a man...
-Barnabas Collins