'17

Yeri looked at the cup of coffee placed in front of her as Suhyun and Saeron sat down next to her in the little cafe near downtown. "So?" Saeron said and looked at Yeri, who curled her fingers around the cup, the warmth making her fingertips tingle. "Don't you think you have something to tell us? After avoiding us and our calls for a week, it's time for you to spill the tea. What happened at the party."

The girl only nodded, feeling guilty that she abandoned not only her friends but also herself. She just didn't know how to deal with this new rush of emotions. It was different than those she felt before. Love and Hate. Both were so different yet so similar, there was only a thin line that distinguished both emotions. Yeri sighed and took a sip of her drink before she began to tell everything from that night at the party. How Jackson, Seungyoon, and Namjoon somehow got her to drink shots, how she ran outside after she saw Jooe with Jungkook, and finally the words that made her deeply hate Sehun forever.

Suhyun and Saeron looked at each other, nodding slowly. "Yeri," Saeron finally started after listening to Yeri. "Why would Jungkook beat Sehun up? Why would he risk getting arrested because of him? I mean he broke Sehun's nose. That's a reason for Sehun to sue him, but you are lucky he didn't. Why would Jungkook do that for you? He is only your babysitter. Or is he?"

Yeri's head immediately shot up, her eyes widened. "What do you mean? He is my friend, and friends do that for each other, or am I wrong?" Suhyun sighed, looking at her friend. "Of course, friends have each other's backs. But what Jungkook did... I don't know, it seems like... It seems like he might like you."

"I like him, too. He is one of my closest friends." Yeri said innocently, drinking her coffee. How was Yeri supposed to tell them that she maybe liked Jungkook more than just that? How could she say that on that night, Jungkook confessed his true feelings for Yeri but now she just pretends not to remember just to avoid any more drama? Yes, Yeri remembered. 

Actually, she couldn't forget her racing heart and her tingling skin when Jungkook touched her. Or how time stopped around her when Jungkook leaned down and kissed her. She wanted to shout it out loud, tell everyone that she feels weird inside when she is with Jungkook, but she couldn't. She was scared and confused, all those feelings were completely different than she imagined. They were nothing like the way she thought she would feel. So instead of facing her problems, she once again ran away from them. Even if that meant that she hurt not only herself but also Jungkook.

Saeron lightly nudged Suhyun's arm before she understood and nodded, they knew Yeri too well. She didn't want to talk about her growing feelings for Jungkook yet but they knew once she was ready she would come and ask to talk about it herself. "Right. So what about you then? School starts in 2 days and everyone will see Sehun's broken nose. What are you going to do when he starts a fight with Jungkook? Or even worse, what are you going to do when Sehun starts messing with you? Everybody knows that Jungkook is always around you, and I am sure Sehun knows that, too."

The girl reached over to hold Yeri's hand."It is even worse now that graduation is so close. Try to stay out of trouble okay? After Jungkook joined us, your grades have been getting better and we will soon go to University, let's not mess up now that we are so close to finishing. It's not worth it. And also, think about your father. I bet he is really happy about your grades getting better and about your graduation, let's talk to Jungkook so he won't show up in school, hm?" Yeri nodded slowly, looking down at her cup, "I will talk to him." 

By the time Yeri arrived home, she noticed the light coming from Jungkook's room. It was already late and he was still up, so she gently knocked at his door before she walked inside to find Jungkook asleep in front of his laptop. She slowly approached him, the video file still on the screen which he was obviously working on. Her eyes wandered down to Jungkook's face. His hair was messy, his lips slightly parted as he breathed in and out evenly. She blinked slowly, her hand reaching down unwittingly, caressing his cheek.