Chapter 5- "Everything isn't the same without Him.

Before you start, please go to YouTube and listen to "My Immortal" by Evanescence while reading it.

        I walked down the corridor, going to the gym to practice. But it just isn't the same without him being here. I put my hair up in a ponytail and start at the punching bag. I exhale as I throw a punch, exhale. It's something that Dimitri taught me. As I kicked the punching bag, I heard the door to the gym open and shut, and for a moment, I thought it was Dimitri coming in for our regular practice. But when I turned and saw my mom standing there, my guard came up fairly quickly.

        "Why are you here?" I ask furiously.

        "Drop the attitude." She snaps.

        My mother is about 5 feet tall, and her auburn hair is all messy and curly. Some say that she is the most respected Dhampir in the world - meaning Dimitri had said that. But I just don't see it in her.  

        "Why?" I prompted.

        She sighed and said, "I'm here to train you since Guardian Belikov isn't here anymore."

        Aw, great, I said under my breath. 

        "Fine. What do we do?"

        "Put  these on." She shoved a pair of black gloves at me.

        "What are we doing?" I asked, irritated. 

        "We're fighting." She responds lightly.

        She took a swing at me, and I barely just moved out of the way and blocked her hit. I gritted my teeth and took a swing at her arm. I bounced on the balls of my feet and ducked as her arm swung to my left. I sweeped kicked her off of her feet. She grimaced and got up a few seconds later. She dodged my kick that I sent to her right.  I gritted my teeth as her glove socks me in the face, and I go flying back, out of the red lines. Damn.

***********************************************

I woke up in the med clinic, and I saw Him... At first, I think it's just my imagination, but then he walks up, and I see his chin length  brown hair. I gasp. Dimitri Belikov stands before me, and I faint again, but not because of a head injury, but because of Dimitri.