03: Not A Coincidence.

Esmeralda stood staring at the clubhouse. It felt familiar, the same way the Mayan's kutte did. She had been here before. She knew it.

There was a small smile on her lips as she looked around the scrap yard. Turning around she saw the large gate being closed by an older man who seemed to walk rather odd after picking up a few boxes. He was the first person she had seen affiliated with the club who wasn't wearing a kutte.

He walked over to her, attempting to holding out his hand whilst struggling to hold the boxes he had been given. With a cheeky smile on his face, he introduced himself. "Chucky."

Esmeralda hesitated for a moment, letting out a quiet giggle as she shook his hand. "Esme." Even though it only happened once she already missed Angel correcting her name.

"Let's go inside and fix you up," Chucky said, already ahead of her as he entered the clubhouse.

Esmeralda was still taking in her surroundings, from the cage to the picnic tables, the couch on the porch, and the house. She was excepting a little outside bunker, or run down bar, never a house as big as this. For a supposed outlaw biker gang, it all felt quite homely.

She walked up the stairs to the clubhouse, slowly making her way inside. She noticed Chucky was already waiting for her at the bar with a first aid kit open on the counter. Walking over to him, her eyes roamed around the rather large room as she sat at the bar. It had various chairs, tables, pool tables, a bar and a few doors and corridors that fuelled her curiosity.

Esmeralda was soon brought out of her thoughts by a stinging pain on her arm causing her to winch.

"Sorry." Chucky mumbled. "It's a little difficult to do it with these." He held up his hands to support his reference.

Chucky could tell by the expression on the young woman's face that she was wondering how he had lost both of his hands. "I use to have chronic masturbation." He stated, which made Esmeralda very unsure on how to react to. "As you can tell, it didn't end well." Chucky continued, causing Esmeralda to purse her lips together trying to suppress her laughter from his innuendo.

But once Chucky started to laugh she couldn't hold it in anymore. "I can already tell you're probably the funniest guy around here Chucky," she mumbled between her giggles.

"I accept that." Chucky replied with a smile.

The two continued their conversation, laughing and joking with each other. Esmerelda was glad she wasn't left at the clubhouse alone, she was glad to have Chucky's company.

......

Throughout the whole meeting with the cartel, all Angel could think about was Esmeralda. Even when he thought about what might happen if the club finds out about his deal with the rebels, his mind went back to her being a little rebel. She was damn stupid for the stunt she pulled at the cemetery. And Angel felt guilty over her being hurt.

After the meeting was over he practically ran straight to his bike, racing back to the clubhouse in hopes she was still there.

As all the club members pulled into the scrapyard, to their surprise Esmerelda was sitting on the porch couch. She stood up when she heard the roar of their motorcycles, leaning against the post. She watched them pull up with her arms folded over her chest.

Angel noticed how natural it looked for her to be standing there. As if she regularly waited for them to return to her- for him to return to her. It felt right to him for her to be standing there waiting for him. A feeling he had never felt with any woman before.