•.•A Truer Love•.•

Date: 25.1.19
Ship: Logicality
Type: Heavy Angst, Gore, Fluff
Words: 7331

TW: Hanahaki disease

~•~

The mind palace was at a calm, delicate peace. All four sides resided in the common area entertaining themselves. Virgil was curled up on the corner of the couch scrolling through tumblr once again with his headphones disconnecting him from the world. Logan was on the opposite end of the couch, novel in hand, yet he couldn't drag his eyes away from the pair sat cuddled between Virgil and himself.

Roman and Patton, the well established, flourishing couple of the group, were in their own blissful bubble. Patton curled into Roman's side, arms latched onto him like a koala. He looked up to Roman dreamily, giggling and snuggling impossible closer. Meanwhile, Roman had only lazily draped his arm over his shoulders while his attention was on his phone taking selfies, not even including Patton in the frame.

Logan could not fathom how Roman could be distracted from such a captivating being gazing at him with the fondness of a loyal puppy by his own face of all things. If he were in his place, he'd try to kiss away the adorable look on Patton's face rather than neglect him. Perhaps he was overreacting. They seemed perfectly content with their arrangement, and he's never been in a relationship. He generally never interfered with Thomas's love life either, so he could be considered close to clueless.

Yes, Logan was aware of his romantic attractions to Patton. He'd do anything to have that precious, darling Patton look at him the same way he does that obnoxious prince. But the happiness said prince's presence gives Patton is something he could never take away from him, so he pushed back the burning in his throat and eyes, eventually peeling away his glare. Roots clinging to Logan's lungs pulsed under his skin, and he once again felt the flower trying to force its way through his throat. He choked it back and quickly tucked away the single petal that escaped.

The deceptively tranquil atmosphere was oblivious to the bubbling chaos underneath.

Virgil also couldn't help but notice the strange dynamic between the couple. Roman was even less interested than normal of the kindness being showered on him. Maybe he just couldn't bring himself to tell Patton he needed some alone time?

He shrugged if off.

Once again, Patton snuggled closer and tried to see what had Roman so wrapped up. In his peripheral he saw Logan squirm in his spot.

"Whatcha doin' Roro?" He smiled. Roman huffed silently and tilted away his phone. Giggling, Patton took this as a light playfulness and tried to grab the phone to take a peek. When it was just out of reach, it was yanked away. "Patton would you stop being so annoying?" Roman grumbled and shuffled away a bit. His arms fell from his sides to hug himself. "O-okay..."

Suddenly, the dad-like trait hunch over in a terrible coughing fit. It startled everyone. Virgil and Roman flinched away, yet Logan rushed to his side. "Patton?! Are you okay?" He lightly held his shoulders for support. His coughing continued still.

Then there was quiet.

A cluster of red petals flew from his mouth and Logan caught one between his fingers. Horror drained the colours of three sides faces. However Logan's flushed a flaming red, his eyes full of hatred.

"You bastard!" Logan punched the arrogant trait square in the nose. He was tempted to punch him more until his nose was a fountain, but reasoned that Patton deserved his attention more right now. He then took his still shocked, beloved facet, and sunk down to his room with him.