•.•Short•.•

Date: 27. 5.19
Ship: Logicality
Type: Fluff
Words: 3592

I'm sorry this took so long. I got writers block. I never said I'd keep a schedule, but I meant to keep some sort of semblance to regularity. So sorry... I hope you like this oneshot!

~•~

  Logan was the shortest.

  He wasn't exactly short, he was an average height, but still the shortest (at least that's what he told himself). Normally, this wouldn't be a problem as there was not much of a height difference between Virgil, Roman, and himself. Patton, on the other hand, was a giant. Noticeably taller than Thomas. When Logan stood on his tiptoes, he was still wasn't quite shoulder height with Patton. Logan hypothesised this was because Patton was Thomas's most prominent trait, and himself the least. One could say Thomas had a "big heart".

  Again, before the height difference wouldn't have been a problem, but as soon as Logan and Patton had gotten together, they've encountered certain little predicaments.

~•~

  Patton knocked on Logan's door. He couldn't believe what he was about to do. Every cell is his body was telling him not to. "Who's there?" Logan called through the door, playing along with Patton's usual antics. "It's Patton," he said.

  ""It's Patton" who?"

  "Uhm, just Patton Morality Sanders."

  On the other side of the door, Logan quirked an eyebrow, snapping his book shut. Patton has always followed with a knock knock joke of sorts before. Was something wrong? Logan opened the door. "Salutations, Patton," he greeted. Craning his neck, Logan looked up at Patton's eyes that darted around never meeting his gaze. Peculiar. "Hey Lo-Logan. Can I come in?" He asked. "Sure, Pat," he welcomed him inside, extremely suspicious. Patton's heart fluttered at the nickname. The tiny gesture gave him a speck of hope.

  Sitting on his bed, Logan patted the spot beside him as an invitation. Patton shyly followed, ducking is head under the doorway. As soon as the moral trait sat down, crossing his legs and sitting on his hands uncomfortably, Logan interrogated him. "What's the matter? You are acting perplexingly trepidatious."

  "Trepi-what?"

  "Nervous," Logan clarified. "Oh..." Patton flushed pink. "I... I w-wanted to tell you something," he stuttered. "Yes?" Logan folded his hands and prepared to listen intently. Deliberating if this was really a good idea, Patton's eyes locked on his lap. Though, he could still see Logan watching him patiently.

  At least he knew he wouldn't be rejected harshly.

  Patton guessed he stayed silent a little too long as Logan spoke up worriedly. "Your face his excessively flushed. You didn't get sick again staying up all night to make sure we were all sleeping well again, did you?" He asked. Logan went to check his temperature, but Patton grabbed his hand before it met his forehead. "No, it's not that, I promise. My well being is important too, I got it," he reassured, reciting what Logan had told him over and over. He brought Logan's hand down, yet didn't let go. Instead he encapsulated his hand with both of his own. Logan paused to inspect the strange gesture. Patton hadn't done this before. What could it mean? Dear Einstein, it wasn't something emotion related, was it? Was something wrong emotionally? He was not adept in the art of comforting (he thought).