Chapter 3: Their Attention

Tyler's POV~

I was waiting patiently for the school day to end. As my last class finished, I got up and practically ran to get my stuff. As soon as I got to my locker, I turned around and was face to face with Axel. He had a look of concern as he asked "Why were you running? There's not anyone after you, is there? If there is, I'll make sure they don't hurt you!"

I put my hands up and say "No! It's not like that! I'm just meeting up with someone." He nods, but then his face changes as if he just realized something. He pins me to the locker and gave me a jealous look.

"Who is it? You're not cheating on me, are you?" I give him a gentle push before replying back "For one, it's not like that. And two, how can I cheat on you when I'm not even with you!?" He smirks and pulls me close to him as he whispers in my ear "It'll happen eventually. And when we're together, no ones going to take you."

I give him a weird look and said "Yeah, but you have to make me love you first." He then chuckles and winks at me saying "Don't worry. I can wait." He then asks "So, who are you going to see?" I look at him and remember Jacob telling me not to let Axel hear. I make up and excuse and say "I'm going to get picked up by my cousin. Until then, I need to stay here."

He nods and says "I can wait with you." I then said "You'd better not. I don't want your parents to worry. Plus, we have quite a bit of homework." He then says "Yeah, I guess you're right. Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I wave my hand as he waves his. I sit there and waited till Axel was gone from my sight.

I walked around to the back of the school and saw Jacob there. He then asks me "So, did Axel leave?" I nod and he looks around before saying "Good." He then sits down and I do as well. He then says "So here's what I've been trying to tell you earlier." I nod my head and focus. He then asks "You are aware that everyone sees Axel as the most hottest guy in our class, right?" I nod my head and he says "Well, as you probably already know, a lot of the girls and even some guys have crushes on him. In fact, a majority of the grade are always either stalking or flirting with him." I nod my head as he continues "When he doesn't like someone, he ignores them. If he shows a little interest as a friend, he will flirt in a joking way."

I nod again and he then says "However, ever since you came here, he's abandoned his group of friends and is always zoning out. The girls in the grade try to get his attention, but he always makes an excuse, just to see a certain someone." I look down and I say "That certain someone is me, isn't it?" Jacob nods his head and said "Yes, so as your friend, I'm going to have to ask you to watch your back. Everyone is jealous and furious. They don't hate you, but they don't hesitate to hurt anyone in their way of something. So again, watch your back."

I gulp in nervousness and nod. Jacob takes out his hand and asks for my phone. "If Axel isn't around, then call me. I don't want you getting hurt. You need someone by your side at all times to make sure your safe." He puts his phone number into my phone and hands it back to me and says "If Axel is around, they won't lay a hand on you because they're still after him. However, if I'm around, they will be asking for it. They know I'm capable of fighting. Even if it doesn't look like it." I nod and he gets up and leaves after saying bye. I say bye as well and leave.

Axel's POV~

I knew that Tyler was lying when he said that his cousin was coming to pick him up. I ran to my house after he said to leave him and quickly grabbed my dad's hood and head back out on my motorcycle. I head back to the school and listen carefully after finding Tyler.

I see him talking to Jacob and I listen in on what they were talking about. "Ever since you came here, he's abandoned his group of friends and is always zoning out." I then think in my head "Is he talking about me? Yeah, I zone out, but it's always me daydreaming my life with Tyler."

I listen more as I hear Jacob say "The girls in the grade try to get his attention, but he always makes an excuse, just to see a certain someone." I think to myself "I don't have time for them, my time needs to be spent taking care of Tyler and making sure he doesn't fall for anyone other than me."

I then hear Tyler say "That certain someone is me, isn't it?" I then say in my head "You're damn right it's you. There's no other cute humans in our school." I listen more as that tiger keeps going. "As your friend, I'm going to have to ask you to watch your back. Everyone is jealous and furious. They don't hate you, but they don't hesitate to hurt anyone in their way of something. So again, watch your back."

I then talk quietly to myself. "If anyone even dares to hurt my Tyler will have to answer to me." I then listen more as I take a peek to see Tyler giving Jacob his phone. It looks like Jacob is putting in his phone number. He then says "If Axel isn't around, then call me. I don't want you getting hurt. You need someone by your side at all times to make sure your safe." I then say in a whisper-yell "Don't worry about it you damn tiger! I'll always be by Tyler's side."

I listen to the rest of the conversation "If Axel is around, they won't lay a hand on you because they're still after him. However, if I'm around, they will be asking for it. They know I'm capable of fighting. Even if it doesn't look like it." I then say in my mind "Oh no you don't! The only one who will protect Tyler is me! No one else! That just means I need to be by Tyler's side at all times." I get up real quick and head back to my bike and drive back home.

Jacob's POV~

I take my leave to get to my home as Tyler does the same. I see a person on a motorbike pass by me and notice it was Axel. I then think in my head "Whelp. It looks like he heard us. This will get interesting." I smile and head back to my house.