Chapter 9: August

Tyler's POV~

I wake up in the morning and stretch. I did my normal morning routine and looked at my phone. I forgot today was Saturday. I go up to my room and start playing some Tomb Raider on my Xbox. I receive a text on my phone and see that Axel texted me. I pause the game real quick and read what he has to say. I look at my phone to see his text, which said "Hey, since we both don't have any plans, how about we go on a date?" I get on my phone and text back "I'm not going to date you! When will you stop?!" He texts back with a "Not until your mine." I roll my eyes and text back "Sure, I'll go with you, BUT IT'S NOT A DATE!!!" He then texts back with "I'll be the one to determine that. ;)" I roll my eyes again, and text back "Whatever." I quickly go to a save point in my game and turn it off. I then get ready for the day and receive a call from the vixen from the other day. I answer the call and hear her voice. "Hey, I wanted to know if you'd like to hang out today. It's fine with you, right?" Before I could put any thought on it, I said "Sure." She then quickly responds and says "Great! Where will we meet?" I then say "Dusk street. Where the Maple tree is." She then says with happiness "Great, I'll meet you there." She then hangs up and Axel texts me and says "You coming?" I then think about what I just did. I was supposed to hang out with Axel. And I just invited that vixen... This is not good. I was about to call her that I had to cancel, but she then calls me instead and says "I'm here. I'll be waiting for you." I didn't know what to do. I walked out the house and ran to the spot. As soon as I get there, I see the vixen. I was going to tell her my mistake, but before I could reach her, I was stuck in a bone-crushing hug from Axel. He loosens his grip and nuzzles into me. She approaches the both of us and Axel asks with a little glare "What are you doing here?" She then responds with "I was supposed to hang out with Tyler." Axel gives her a weird look and says "I don't know what delusional fantasy your thinking of, but Tyler is hanging out with me." I then say "Sorry, but I did both. It was my mistake." Axel and the vixen nod. Axel picks me up and says "Well, unfortunately for you, Tyler's coming with me." He starts to walk away with me, but I struggle out of his grasp and drag him by his hand back to her. I then say to them. "I'm sorry. It was my mistake. And both of you are dressed up for this. I am too, so how about we all hang out. The vixen nods and says "I'm okay with it." I look at Axel and he says "Don't really want to. But if it's what Tyler wants, then I can't argue against it." I nod and take my hand out to shake it. I then say "My names Tyler." She shakes my hand and says "I know. My name's August."

Axel's POV~

I look at them and see them holding there hands and shaking them. That's where my hand is supposed to be. In his while he holds mine. Like a cute couple. Instead, this bitch has to come along and take Tyler's attention away from me. I quickly take Tyler's hand away from hers and walk with my hand in his. He tries to take it away, but I tighten my hold on it. Not to hurt him, but just to let him know that he's mine and no one else's. She follows from behind. She catches up and walks beside him. They start talking about gaming stuff. Some of it were games I haven't played yet. We all go to a movie. We started to watch a movie called "Love War." I'm not one for romance things, but it seemed that Tyler liked it. I look beside him to see that the Vixen was resting her head on his shoulders. This made me jealous, so I grabbed Tyler and put him on my lap. He asks in a whisper-yell "What the hell are you doing?" I smile and say, "Making things as romantic as possible." He rolls his eyes and we watch the movie as the Vixen watched it too, now that I woke her up by putting my Tyler on my lap." After the movie was done, we all stretch. We started to talk about the movie. I got up and went to one of the restaurants in the mall we were in. I got us pizza and we ate it. After the Vixen was done, she looked straight at Tyler in the eye and asked "Tyler, do you remember me?"

Tyler's POV~

I look at her in confusion after she asks that. As far as I'm concerned, I just met her. She chuckles and said "I thought you wouldn't remember." She hands me a yearbook of my old school's year of 2009. She opens it and points it at a picture. My eyes widen and said "August? August Heldathorn? The one who had a crush on me from Kindergarten to 2nd before moving?" She nods and Axel looks at her. He screams "WHAT?!" He quickly picks me up and says "No, no, no, no you're not going to take Tyler away from me. He's mine, not yours. Mine." She chuckles and says "Don't worry about me. That was a long time ago. I was young and confused." Axel loosens his grip, but still had a firm grasp. He then says with a calm face "I see." I then ask her "So, what's your status?" She then says "I have a girlfriend now." I nod and said "Nice, so you're bi?" She shakes her head and says "No, after a long time, I realized that I liked girls." I nod and said "So what caused you to leave?" She then says "The house I originally was set on fire." I nod. We started walking and talked for awhile, Axel behind us. After a little while, she said goodbye and I did as well. After she left, Axel picked me up, holding me tightly in a hug. He started to carry me like a rag doll and walked over to his motorbike. He hands me a helmet and I get on. I wrap my arms around him so I don't fall off. He then rides us back to his home. We walk in and he pulls me onto his bed. I then ask him "What are you doing?" He then smiles and says "It's not what I'm doing, it's what we're doing. And we're taking a nap." I nod my head and he holds me close. I rested my head on his bare chest and nuzzle into it for comfort. He kisses before my head before saying "I love you." I then say "Don't keep your hopes up. I'm just tired." He chuckles and then we fall asleep.