Chapter Four: Thursday Morning

All throughout Thursday morning, Anne's mind was racing.

Well, her mind was always racing, but today it was about The Odyssey. She considered the benefits and drawbacks of a couple characters, plus some themes she thought they should touch on in their presentation.

She was thinking so hard, that she didn't even register someone walking towards her in the hallway with their head turned over their shoulder.

She walked directly into Gilbert Blythe, making him drop his stack of library books.

She crouched down immediately to pick up the fallen books. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you-"

She looked up, finally noticing who the person she had rammed into was.

Her already burning face intensified tenfold when she realized it was Gilbert.

Anne scrambled to pick up the books, but in doing so dropped her own phone out of her hands, which Gilbert tried reached out for at the same time as her.

Their fingertips brushed each other.

Anne quickly shoved her phone back into her pocket as Gilbert stammered, "uh-sorry, I was just trying to-"

"It's totally fine! I should be apologizing to you, I practically ran you over", Anne said, hoping to make him laugh, or at least stop his stammering.

He chuckled.  Anne couldn't possibly help the grin that rose to her face in response. There was just something about Gilbert's laugh the brightened the whole room, Anne was sure everyone else felt that.

Or maybe it was just her.

Suddenly Anne's mind was racing again.

She shoved the last of the books towards Gilbert and sprung to her feet.

"See you later, Blythe!" Anne said loudly, already walking down the hallway.

Gilbert looked over his shoulder at girl who had disappeared seemingly out of nowhere.

"Bye Anne," Gilbert muttered, though she was already out of earshot.

————————————————————
A/N
Sorry it took me so long to update:(
I've been busy with school and basketball, butenoughaboutme
THANK YOU FOR 100 READS!!❤️💖❤️❤️✨❤️👀💗😭❤️⭐️ it's so crazy to me that this happened, I literally can't believe it.

PLEASE comment what you think should happen during the study meeting, because I honestly have no idea.

Or just comment anything you want to see happen lol, I'm open to suggestions because I have no real plan for this story