•• 1 ••

Lorraine's POV

The ringing of the bell woke me up together with my siblings, sitting up slowly I look beside my bed to found Norman, smiling to me. He slowly sat up and fix my white hair that is identical to his, like his sparkling sapphire eyes, mine is also like his eyes. Our physical appearances are very identical but our attitude and traits are a bit different.

I heard Emma yelled to wake up our other siblings, smiling, I secretly went out our room with Norman, I think he just waited me to woke up since his bed is in the other room. At six o'clock sharp, the kids in the Grace Field House were woken up and our days starts from that time.

I've been living here for ten years and I'm one of the oldest here out of all the 39 kids who's currently living here in Grace Field house. My nose smelled the freshly baked breads inside the kitchen as I helped to put the baskets on the table, while Norman and Ray helped to put the soups and plates. I looked at Emma and the other kids while they play and run around the house, I giggled a bit, they're so energetic in the morning.

I stare at them once more before shaking my head, were all different here. Our personalities, our ages and the color of our skins, We are not related by blood but, we treat everyone here as a family, a siblings to care and most importantly, We have our mom who takes care of us.

Things in the Grace Field House sometimes bother me but I'm very thankful for the delicious foods, the warm bed and our all white uniforms, but having our I.D. numbers on our necks just felt so weird, it's like something's wrong and I know that something's going on. I slowly sit beside Norman and we all waited for our mom, she's not really our real mom but she treated us all like her own kids.

"You're so silent, are you okay?" Norman ask me, I smiled and shook my head. Mom arrives and we all thank for our food before eating, Emma sat beside me on my right side, while Norman sat on my left side.

"No, I'm just thinking about Conny, she's gonna leave today." I said, I picked up my bread and ripped a small piece of it before shoving it inside my mouth. I look at his neck and noticed his I.D. number, 22194.

"Me too! I wonder if Conny would have a good family outside the Grace Field." he said, I grab my glass of water before drinking it and finishing my whole bread.

"I'm sure that Conny would enjoy her new family!" Emma said, I nodded my head at her, she tilts her neck to the other side showing me her I.D. number, 63194.

"You're so loud Emma, just keep eating your food." Ray said to her while eating, his I.D. number is 81194.

After eating, I helped mom to fix the dishes and wash them before smiling and going with Ray to our classroom, well it's where we take our daily tests.

"For the future and for yourselves."

Mom says that these tests takes the place of schools, the tests were really easy for me since I can memorize them very fast, I don't know how I could do it but it just happens.

"Age 11, Type 1, Answer each question within ten seconds, We will now begin the test."

I slowly let myself focus on the questions in front of me, thinking about my answers carefully and answering them smoothly. I can almost hear my other siblings behind me, groaning in displeasure as they couldn't answer some questions. I look in front of me, seeing mom staring at me and Norman since were sitting beside each other. She's acting a bit weird but I just shrugged it off.